Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    5 speed manual

Daily. Driven.

Comments: 42 / Views: 40370

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What's your change in diameter?

Also are those VX tires LRR?

You could do a low speed coastdown comparison if you really want to know which one rolls better. I've done it before. (I'm a nerd.)

I put Enasaves on the front of my crappy Miata last summer after comparing to the stock tires. Big difference in RR, plus the Enasaves are narrower, which is better for aero. (Yes, I'm going for lowest cruising MPG with the Miata.)
    According to the tire size calculator, it's a 0.9% change in diameter. When I sat in the car, it 'feels' a teeny bit taller. Maybe it's just me thinking too much, haha.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 10.35.45 AM.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  45.9 KB

According to online specs, the tires on the VX wheels are considered LRR. It definitely rolls much better than the snow tires.

Yeah, if I had 165s on versus 175s, I'm sure the RR would be much better. According to the MPG gauge, I'm getting better mpg's overall. But I'm assuming the overall mileage I get from the tank of gas is higher because the wheels are spinning just slightly faster...?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-10-2018)