Thread: Setting of door and liftgate unlock function

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Setting of door and liftgate unlock function

I've tried multiple times but I can't change the function of my key fob to unlock all doors and the liftgate on the first press of the unlock button. I've followed the instructions on page 5-7 of the manual and several variations of them, but all I've been able to do is change the horn feedback upon locking the doors. Has anyone here changed this themselves, or willing to try this out on their car? It's only a minor inconvenience and I don't plan on visiting the dealer anytime soon.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  100.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just got it to work. You're constantly holding down the lock button before pressing the unlock and releasing both at same time within 10 seconds?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would like to know as well. I'm kinda confused
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The key to the whole thing is the 'release in sequence' part. Not only do you have to push the buttons and hold them in the correct order, but you have to release them in the right order as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The key to the whole thing is the 'release in sequence' part. Not only do you have to push the buttons and hold them in the correct order, but you have to release them in the right order as well.
    It's like resetting the wrench icon. It took me a bunch of tries to get the sequence just right to turn it off completely.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    I just got it to work. You're constantly holding down the lock button before pressing the unlock and releasing both at same time within 10 seconds?
    I've tried many different combinations including that one and I can't get it to do anything. The following is what I've interpreted from the manual:

1. Key out
    2. Door open
    3. Headlights off
    4. Hold down LOCK for 4 seconds
    5. Hold down UNLOCK (now holding down both buttons)
    6. Release LOCK first, then UNLOCK

However this does nothing, unless you release UNLOCK first followed by LOCK (step 6 in reverse order) which toggles the horn feedback upon locking the doors (this functions as stated in the manual).

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Have you done this on your car? If anyone has done it on their car and could comment on whether I have the correct procedure, that would help. If not it's not a big deal, I'll just bring it up next time I go to the dealer (hopefully not for a while).

Thanks everyone for the help so far.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 998 Posts
    I'm guilty of dredging up a nearly 4.5 year old post. But I have ran into the same problem. So instead of starting a new thread, I chose to dredge.

I have performed this sequence of programming this way, that way and the other. I agree with cobrajet that the key is the sequence to releasing. But I have changed the sequence to release the LOCK button first then the UNLOCK, and then other times I release the UNLOCK button first, then the LOCK button.

In all cases, all it ever does is change the answerback function. I live in a safe area, and I'm built like Shrek so noone ever messes with me. When I push the unlock button, I want the whole damn car unlocked!

It's as if this setting of the door and liftgate unlock function programming is excluded for the ES model.

Has anyone successfully changed this setting?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On models with a key instead of the transmitter you leave in your pocket you need a scan tool of some kind to change the setting for that.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 998 Posts
    Mine has the key with the built in transmitter. Meaning, the buttons are built into the key.

This one:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, that requires a scan tool to change that setting. The one that doesn't is the keyless ignition one.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...