Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BS Salesman

Country
    United States
    Thanks

BS Salesman

I was waiting in the showroom while my car was being serviced , and I was approached by a salesman while checking out the G4 sedan. I recognized his voice as the guy that was calling me weekly and leaving messages trying to sell me a new car. That is until I called the dealer and told them to take me of the list. Any way this guy was so desperate to get me in the car he outright lies about the cars performance saying it had a new 8 speed transmission that allowed it to do 0-60 in 4or5 seconds. I called him out on it but he continued to say it would even asking me to make a bet on it. I said no I'm all set and started to walk away, hey said wait let me get you a card. I told him don't bother I would never buy a car from you. Unreal.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstreak View Post
    I was waiting in the showroom while my car was being serviced , and I was approached by a salesman while checking out the G4 sedan. I recognized his voice as the guy that was calling me weekly and leaving messages trying to sell me a new car. That is until I called the dealer and told them to take me of the list. Any way this guy was so desperate to get me in the car he outright lies about the cars performance saying it had a new 8 speed transmission that allowed it to do 0-60 in 4or5 seconds. I called him out on it but he continued to say it would even asking me to make a bet on it. I said no I'm all set and started to walk away, hey said wait let me get you a card. I told him don't bother I would never buy a car from you. Unreal.
    Hilarious!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    does the Evo X even do 0-60 in 4-5 seconds?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    He really thought that I would believe him too. And it's a cvt how the hell would it have 8 speeds?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to silverstreak For This Useful Post:

RapidRick (06-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just point out the window decal, where it obviously States CVT and 1.2l lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Aren't you at least the tiniest bit interested in seeing what might grow in the compost? Let the guy go on and bring back more humor.

At least let him demonstrate these amazing feats. That's Tesla territory - I'd love to see it.

Bring a camera phone and record him next time.

What dealership? What's his name?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll just say it's in Massachusetts. I actually didn't catch his name. I will say that they have the best service dept of any dealership I've been to.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Most dealers we've been to are very rude , confrontal and full of it . We're to the point we may not buy another new vehicle for a long time . The service departments are no picnic . Sad where the social structure is going . There has been a few that acted like we were invisible . Guess we'll consider it a blessing .
    Last edited by cinder; 06-30-2016 at 03:00 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:

RapidRick (06-30-2016),Tyrelirwin (07-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I was looking at test driving my Mirage before I bought it, a sales guy was telling me to get a Outlander Sport even though I told him that I was set at the Mirage. Didn't even get a test drive but a week later, I went with another sales person and he was very cool. Some sales guy are just absolutely clueless at what they're selling.

The sales guy that was forcing me to get a Outlander Sport didn't even bother to show me a Mirage, he went directly to the Outlander Sports and Lancers. Bummer. He even said the Outlander Sport came in "V4 and V6. The V6 Outlander Sport is very fast for you and very strong". I know the Outlanders came in V6 but dang, didn't know they came in V4 too! lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nothing worse than a salesman living up to their shady stereotypes. One summer during college, my wife worked as a telemarketer in a legit vacation seller thing. One of those things where you write your name on a piece of paper to try and win a car at the mall, and the fine-ish print says they can call you with offers. They call you and try to sell you a $99 vacation. I say legit, because several of her co-workers went on the trips and they were impressed. Anyway, that's a lot of back story to say that my wife was consistently the top seller each week, even though she specifically went against her supervisors hard sell tactics. She figured (and rightly so), that if someone says they're not interested, that trying to keep them on the phone to sell them something they don't want, won't work. And it didn't. If they weren't interested, she'd politely say thanks, and go on to the next potential buyer.

I had a call just last night from a guy from Dream Success to Reality, and he congratulated me on taking the first step to success in owning my own business. Oh boy, that sounds legit right off the bat, doesn't it? I told him I already owned my own business, and I asked to be put on their do not call list, and he kept badgering me saying, "Can I just ask you a question?" I finally told him that I'm on the do not call registry, and that his phone call is illegal. He hung up after that. I looked up the company in question and now I wished he'd asked me the question. Apparently they offer customized websites for businesses. My business is already web design, what were they going to do for me that I couldn't do for myself, better, and for free?

My Mirage sales guy was knowledgeable and honest with me. When he didn't know the answers to my questions, he wouldn't make up an answer, he'd go and find out an answer. He agreed that it was silly that the CVT had hill start assist, but the manual didn't. He also told me (like the fuel economy log confirms) that the manual generally gets higher MPG than the CVT, despite what EPA ratings show. Since I had a good experience, I don't mind saying the dealer and the name: Columbus Mitsubishi North, Kevin Moses.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)