Thread: Passing wires through firewall

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Passing wires through firewall

Anyone know if there's a way to pass some wires through the firewall? Im trying to wire up a horn and a led light bar, and need the switches inside. Also does anyone know how to remove the trim pieces around the mirror controls and traction control button? I plan on mounting the switches in there. Thanks.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    whell mine when i installed my ampli i run it through a gromet somewhere at the back of the batt. also i found another at the right fender part. if you look underneath you glove box and look at the side wall youll see the hose for the back wiper and i used that to run theoguh my wires. but im not sure if its the same abroad, mine is a LHD and from the PHilippines.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also used the grommet on the right side near the passenger's foot area. However I couldn't find any near the driver's side, so I removed the wheel and lining and drilled a hole into the driver's foot area. As for removing the trim piece I believe there was one phillips screw on the bottom and then you can just pull it off (if I remember correctly). The blank buttons pop out rather easily from the back

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anog View Post
    I also used the grommet on the right side near the passenger's foot area. However I couldn't find any near the driver's side, so I removed the wheel and lining and drilled a hole into the driver's foot area. As for removing the trim piece I believe there was one phillips screw on the bottom and then you can just pull it off (if I remember correctly). The blank buttons pop out rather easily from the back
    Hi anog,

Regarding to the right side you are talking about this rubber, right?
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  94.1 KB

I want to pass a front view camera cable through that grommet, it is only necessary to take apart the wheel and the lining? The lining is easy to get off? Is just to take off all that clips?

Thanks in advance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Space Star Intense 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.4 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since you have a CVT you can just drill through the circle on the right side of the engine bay. That same circle would be filled if you have the manual. Just make sure to seal it good.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Since you have a CVT you can just drill through the circle on the right side of the engine bay. That same circle would be filled if you have the manual. Just make sure to seal it good.
    Unfortunately is a manual transmission. I think is the clutch cable that is in that hole. Thanks for the tip

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Space Star Intense 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Another thread showing how to pass cables through firewall without mess with original wiring: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...age-Space-Star

Last edited by edPower; 08-20-2020 at 04:54 PM.