Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you fit a bike in a Mirage's trunk? NOPE! Why not? Non-folding rear seatback!

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    The sedan does have a decent sized boot/trunk. But that lack of a split-fold rear seat is definitely my only significant problem with the design of the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Time for someone to get craft and make one!

Though, for transporting bikes I prefer hitch racks.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I feel like I'm one of a very select few, but I don't feel the G4 needs a split folding rear seat. Many base model cars don't have this feature. Sure it'd be a nice extra feature, but as others have said, for things such as bikes, a bike mount is really the easier option.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gatsby For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (08-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I remember when researching the 2015 Nissan Versa base model (stick) compared with the Mirage that the Versa did not have a fold down seat. I also was looking at an old 2005 Buick LaSabre and that one also did not have a fold down rear seat.

So its not as crazy as one may think. i guess the question is how long does it take to remove the rear seat and also if there is do it yourself modification that could be done to allow one to take the seat out and back inside of a faster procedure.

I am lucky to have the hatchback and also fold down seats. Makes the car very handy for carrying construction materials, lawnmower, bicycles, surf boards and so forth. I carry a HUGE kayak on top of the roof using only swimming pool noodles underneath and ratcheting straps

The hatchback is a MARVEL of utility and highly recommended to athletes and Contractors/handymen/landlords
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did someone say big trunk....

Name:  20171114_144246.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  27.2 KB

My old 05 town car signature limited. Yeah, that's a full size two stage 24" snowblower in there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-23-2019),Fummins (01-21-2019)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    My old 05 town car signature limited. Yeah, that's a full size two stage 24" snowblower in there.
    lol, Panther bodies are cheating. There's that much room in the back seats as well, specially on the P72 (I think) Crown Vics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I feel like I'm one of a very select few, but I don't feel the G4 needs a split folding rear seat. Many base model cars don't have this feature. Sure it'd be a nice extra feature, but as others have said, for things such as bikes, a bike mount is really the easier option.
    It's true that base models of some vehicles don't have rear fold down seats. I use a 2015 Chevy Impala Limited (very basic model) as my primary behind-the-wheel driver's education vehicle, & it doesn't have rear fold down seats.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-20-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 667 Posts
    On the hatchback, the actual rear seats do not fold forward either, so the "folded" rear seatbacks don't make way as on other cars. The hatchback won't even take a washingmachine, for example.

It isn't really size what matters, more like what was made out of it. The extremely tiny little Fiat Seicento https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Seicento is much shorter and about a foot less wide, but will take a washing machine, and I even put a three meter lathe in it and closed all doors and windows and drove off. On another occaision, I put a collapsed double bed plus three passengers plus myself in the Seicento, with all doors and windows closed, and drove for over an hour on the autobahn. The much larger Mirage hatchback will not take half the stuff, figures how much thought they put into development of the body.

Last edited by foama; 01-20-2019 at 09:32 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-20-2019)