Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Just a reminder, guys...don't neglect those cabin air filters!

Could probably just do without the filter altogether and put a screen in the wiper cowl where the intake is. That'd likely slow most crap from working it's way into the heater box. Dust is good for you! People are becoming too soft relying on hepa filters, airbags, seat belts, abs...... I empty my vacuum cleaner into my furnace. I read it helps prevent covid.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Could probably just do without the filter altogether and put a screen in the wiper cowl where the intake is. That'd likely slow most crap from working it's way into the heater box. Dust is good for you! People are becoming too soft relying on hepa filters, airbags, seat belts, abs...... I empty my vacuum cleaner into my furnace. I read it helps prevent covid.
    As a child growing up - I survived vehicles without cabin air filters, child seats didn't exist, no ABS, no traction/stability control, and air bags were a thing of the future.

I feel very fortunate to even be here today!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-20-2020),dragon2knight (07-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    As a child growing up - I survived vehicles without cabin air filters, child seats didn't exist, no ABS, no traction/stability control, and air bags were a thing of the future.

Back when common sense was more common lol. There are far more dumbtards on the roads today unfortunately. Gotta protect ourselves from the masses! I can't wait to get old and even more crotchety lol
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-19-2020 at 10:03 PM. Reason: The thirst for 5 O' Clock Friday beer is strong this afternoon.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts

I remember riding in the back of my dad's pickup truck along with my brother and sister every Sunday when we went to the city dump. If we did a good job helping out, we got to stop at Dairy Queen on the way home!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I remember the fresh air vent on our old Ford pickup with no AC. Dad would open that and dirt and bugs and all kinds of crap would come flying in, but you didnt care because the extra burst of air was more than welcome...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Silly question... does it matter to buy a Mitsubishi filter (which is more expensive) or a generic one (less expensive) is just as good?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Silly question... does it matter to buy a Mitsubishi filter (which is more expensive) or a generic one (less expensive) is just as good?
    I think that's been answered since almost no one buys the OEM one.; )
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just changed our cabin air filter on our 2018 with only 4,400miles. I debated doing it, with such low miles, but was glad I decided to, as there was lots of debris/dirt/nastiness in there! Our pollen has been extreme for a while now here, in Florida, and my whole family has allergies. I will probably be replacing the cabin air filter every 6 months, or less. With heat wave going on now, we also use the a/c to the max, pretty much every single time we're in the car!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Good plan, they get nasty looking in a hurry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (06-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just changed mine and it was one of the easiest things ever, and I am not very mechanical at all. I'm glad I didn't pay to get it done at the autoshop, which wanted $80. However, the shop owner was very nice and told me I should look up Youtube on how to do it before paying them to get it done. Glad I listened!