Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. buyers, How much is too much to pay for the mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

U.S. buyers, How much is too much to pay for the mirage?

with the 5spd Nissan Versa sedan having a MSRP of $11,990 Im wondering how much you'de pay for a mirage? not including tax, title, doc. Im thinking the guesstimated $13,000 is a little high myself. Now if they give us the $1,000 discount like in other countries that would help.

The Versa (Tiida in most countries) is a bit of a wild card in the US market. The low price has sure helped them sell a pile of them - it's been the top selling subcompact in the States for years.

What I'm wondering is this: when Mitsubishi has been saying "around $13k" for the Mirage, does that include the destination charge or not? In Canada, I believe car companies are now required to advertise the full price including any mandatory shipping charges. Not sure about the US though.

According to the Nissan USA site, the base Versa including mandatory destination/delivery charge is 12,780.

Funny thing: in Canada, the lowest priced car at the moment is the Chevy Spark, at 13,345 (includes delivery charge) while the base Versa sedan (including delivery) is 13,599.20. So here at least, the Mirage is probably going to undercut the Versa.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here new car dealers advertise the msrp price unless I have been totally out to lunch. On the sticker it will add the destintion. So Metro do you feel like answering the question or do you have to see and drive it first?

Considering the most I have ever paid for a car is $4500, you can probably guess my answer! I haven't ever bought a new car, and probably never will.

But seriously, "how much is too much" is really subjective. You would have to weigh a lot of factors: decide if you like how the car feels/drives; compare warranties against other vehicles; do the math on differences in fuel consumption and see if a cheaper car with worse fuel consumption is worth it in the long run.

I really don't think there's a pat answer.

But I have noticed that several of the UK reviews of the Mirage have said the base model is the best value proposition. They find it hard to recommend the higher spec "3" trim given the higher price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hopefully members will post what offers U.S. & Canadian dealers are accepting or not accepting for the car.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    when mirage will be expecting in US soil?

Cheezy: probably in about 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    Hopefully members will post what offers U.S. & Canadian dealers are accepting or not accepting for the car.
    Ooo, that's a very good thread idea!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A stripped down chevy spark (roll up windows and manual locks) starts at 12995. Mitsubishi says there going to under cut it. And it comes standard with power windows and locks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    does anyone think mitsu would not offer the $1,000 cash back offer as in other countries?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    when mirage will be expecting in US soil?
    how many ringit did you pay cheezy?