Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much insurance do you have, and how much do you pay?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow, that seems cheap but I'd be worried about being sued if you hit something and cause over $25,000 worth of damage.

In Alberta's you gotta carry a minimum of $200,000 liability.

All the vehicles on our policy (even the sxs's) have a million dollar liability coverage. There's a provincial program that I believe pay's people who were in accidents by uninsured drivers or ones that fled the scene.

I carry comprehensive on the truck and for some reason on the white car too, but I have $1000 deductible. I figure if there's under $2500 worth of damage why would I bother making a claim and have my rates go up for 5-8 years?
    I have $250,000/$500,000, & I am thinking that's not enough these days.

I inquired about a $1 million umbrella policy this week, but I haven't heard back from my insurance agent yet.

I have the lower $250 deductible for comprehensive, because deer damage is so common where I live. I have $500 collision deductible to help keep some costs down.

One way or another they seem to get you with insurance premiums, but it does pay to shop around some.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have always approached the topic of insurance responsibly and considered in advance whether I needed it or not. In addition, it is obvious that insurance companies use insurance in order to earn money, so you should always carefully choose an insurance company based on its reputation and rating among users. In addition, my insurance must be compatible with the application https://squeeze.com which I use to track payments on taxes, utility bills and all my existing insurance. Then I choose the most profitable insurance at a price and purchase it. At the moment, I have insured my car and house against natural disasters and intruders. I hope you also know how to choose the right insurance companies!
    Last edited by Mascofmendes; 05-17-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascofmendes View Post
    I have always approached the topic of insurance responsibly and considered in advance whether I needed it or not.
    "There are just two states that don't require car insurance: New Hampshire and Virginia."

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want to revive this thread as my renewal with Costco American Family Insurance went up $130. Thats about $1000 every 6 months for Full coverage.

Anyone think this is bad? I'm hearing people switch to other insurance companies with lower rates but then they jack it up at renewal for about $200.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I want to revive this thread as my renewal with Costco American Family Insurance went up $130. Thats about $1000 every 6 months for Full coverage.

Anyone think this is bad? I'm hearing people switch to other insurance companies with lower rates but then they jack it up at renewal for about $200.
    That seems high to me but where you live an where you drive seems to play a huge factor in rates. I've always shopped around, usually doing the online instant quote deal and use fake email to cut back on unwanted spam. I get a discount for having the house and multivehicle discount on our policy. I should probalby sell something. We currently have 4 vehicles insured and a side by side...

Edit: reading is hard...as per usual, I thought you were in LA. Not sure how I effed that up.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-23-2024 at 08:12 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Same boat here except $630 full coverage, along with my Highlander and that was in 2022. That insurance stopped catering to California.

Everything is expensive these days.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There’s no loyalty discount with auto insurance as far as I’m aware of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That seems high to me but where you live an where you drive seems to play a huge factor in rates. I've always shopped around, usually doing the online instant quote deal and use fake email to cut back on unwanted spam. I get a discount for having the house and multivehicle discount on our policy. I should probalby sell something. We currently have 4 vehicles insured and a side by side...
    I have me and another family member on the insurance. We are around Tacoma and Federal Way which might be why. But I was quoted $430 for coverage at Geico and Progressive, don't think it was full though. I'm thinking full is gonna be around $650-850 then a 6 month renewal increase of $150-200.

Hopefully my job title and keep the rates low on the new insurance. They don't really care about job titles at American Family Insurance

I have me and another family member on the insurance. We are around Tacoma and Federal Way which might be why. But I was quoted $430 for coverage at Geico and Progressive, don't think it was full though. I'm thinking full is gonna be around $650-850 then a 6 month renewal increase of $150-200.

Hopefully my job title and keep the rates low on the new insurance. They don't really care about job titles at American Family Insurance
    Weird, I basically live in Edmonton which has a little over a million people. Figured I'd be paying more than you? Tacoma is around 226k? But I guess it's far more populated all around you compared to here where everything is spread out more.

My car is about 900/year for it alone. I don't have collision or theft on it. Just bare bones I can drive it and everyone around me is covered just my car isn't. I wreck it or it gets stolen oh well...I only paid $1000 for the car so don't bother with spending more than I need to. You can't steal the thing unless you have a key or tow truck. I figure if I wreck it I'll fix it or part it out and buy something else.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-23-2024 at 08:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the outlier might be Federal Way here. I guess its even higher crime than it was before. I need to move somewhere further out I guess....