Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much insurance do you have, and how much do you pay?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow, that seems cheap but I'd be worried about being sued if you hit something and cause over $25,000 worth of damage.

In Alberta's you gotta carry a minimum of $200,000 liability.

All the vehicles on our policy (even the sxs's) have a million dollar liability coverage. There's a provincial program that I believe pay's people who were in accidents by uninsured drivers or ones that fled the scene.

I carry comprehensive on the truck and for some reason on the white car too, but I have $1000 deductible. I figure if there's under $2500 worth of damage why would I bother making a claim and have my rates go up for 5-8 years?
    I have $250,000/$500,000, & I am thinking that's not enough these days.

I inquired about a $1 million umbrella policy this week, but I haven't heard back from my insurance agent yet.

I have the lower $250 deductible for comprehensive, because deer damage is so common where I live. I have $500 collision deductible to help keep some costs down.

One way or another they seem to get you with insurance premiums, but it does pay to shop around some.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have always approached the topic of insurance responsibly and considered in advance whether I needed it or not. In addition, it is obvious that insurance companies use insurance in order to earn money, so you should always carefully choose an insurance company based on its reputation and rating among users. In addition, my insurance must be compatible with the application https://squeeze.com which I use to track payments on taxes, utility bills and all my existing insurance. Then I choose the most profitable insurance at a price and purchase it. At the moment, I have insured my car and house against natural disasters and intruders. I hope you also know how to choose the right insurance companies!
    Last edited by Mascofmendes; 05-17-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascofmendes View Post
    I have always approached the topic of insurance responsibly and considered in advance whether I needed it or not.
    "There are just two states that don't require car insurance: New Hampshire and Virginia."