Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny, Rude or Random Comments Made About Your Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't get a lot of comments, but my neighbour and his wife christened it "Slymer" after the green ghost from the old movie Ghostbusters!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    this is the kind of car that you have to think ahead .... still laughing on that line!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Someone out there probably knows for sure, but I think 0-60mph with the CVT is in the 10-12sec range. No clue about the manual. That's actually not bad for a 3cyl. economy car, but compared to most modern cars, it's slow as dirt. I don't even attempt to jump people at red lights or make gutsy passing maneuvers. This is the kind of car you have to think ahead and plan your moves in advance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had my kiwi green Mirage for about a month now and one old lady at work said she like my car. I had one guy said I had wheelbarrow tires on my car. The best thing about this green is that in a crowded parking lot I can spot my car from far away I never could do that with any other car I had so embrace the fact that you don't own a cookie cutter car

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dmtgamepack For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmtgamepack View Post
    I've had my kiwi green Mirage for about a month now and one old lady at work said she like my car. I had one guy said I had wheelbarrow tires on my car. The best thing about this green is that in a crowded parking lot I can spot my car from far away I never could do that with any other car I had so embrace the fact that you don't own a cookie cutter car
    I love being able to easily spot my kiwi green Mirage in a parking lot. When you actually pay attention to the colors of all the cars around you, you realize how few colors there actually are on the road. My house backs to a busy road. The other day I sat on the back porch and called out the colors of every car that drove by, just for the fun of it. It went something like this… Silver, silver, silver, black, white, white, black, black, black, blue, burgundy , white, silver, burgundy, burgundy, black, black … ". I started laughing it was so ridiculously repetitive. I passed another kiwi green Mirage on my way home today and the other driver and I waved at each other . You have to drive something pretty distinctive for that to happen. The only other time I've ever experienced that was when I owned a 1985 Volvo 240 and would sometimes see a lady in my town who drove the exact same car in the same color. We would always wave to each other if we happen to pass by.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palebeachbum For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-03-2016),strawboss (09-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmtgamepack View Post
    The best thing about this green is that in a crowded parking lot I can spot my car from far away
    I lose mine among the SUVs lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I lose mine among the SUVs lol.
    I used to have that problem then I got a basket rack, so much easier to find it now
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    After selling my fortwo I didn't want to end up losing my next car in a sea of grey or black jelly beans, so I ordered the Kiwi green colour special, and I'm still the only "mildly eccentric person" on my block as my neighbour puts it....nicely!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've heard despective comments and I'm sure that many more are made behind my back. I couldn't give a ****.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    My mom said my mirage is too fast for it's size,...
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2015 Toyota Innova 2.5V AT SMM
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drive mine for rideshare, so I've had a few comments. Usually from large people amazed that they actually fit in it. Or, the people who don't think its going to make it up some of the steep hills in San Francisco. Only negative comment was the 5 girls who climbed in and were 'expecting something larger'.

My response... "thats what she said" which got the laughs you'd expect.