Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Old school" tire mounting/balancing: Anyone here have experience?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the HF tire changer for about 6 years now. I change out all my motorcycle tires. For balancing I just use Dyna Beads. Not sure if I will ever use the HF on the G4. It was tuff changing out the 200 mm rear tire on my Warrior.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20210613_184741315.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  78.9 KB

I used the balancer tonight to check some already mounted tires before I put them on my mirage. I got frustrated at first because I couldn't even get the balancer to read level on level concrete with nothing on it. Then after some time I discovered that there are three small screws surrounding the bubble that have springs behind them and allow you to calibrate the bubble. Three tires showed dead center on the bubble. One was a little off but still within the black circle. Good enough for me. Passed the drive test on the highway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Make a note of where the wheel weights are. 95% of 'wheel balancing' is...balancing the wheels. Modern tires are pretty well balanced from the factory.

I also bought the HF bubble balancer. If I put the wheel weights on exactly where they came off after replacing a tire I find I don't need to use it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-14-2021)