hello mirage owners,

i am using a white GLS-CVT mirage.

i will be posting my experience soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Aamd!

I do believe you are our first actual Mirage owner. The rest of us are still waiting for the Mirage to go on sale, or even launch in our countries! We very much look forward to your thoughts on the car.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome aamd

I am very much interested in your experience with your Mirage please share with us.

Cheers Jamie

Hi aamd -

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious: what made you choose the Mirage over other cars?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi aamd -

Welcome to the forum.

I'm curious: what made you choose the Mirage over other cars?

Hi again,

I have been driving my mirage gls cvt for almost 2 months now.

My current cars are 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 non-mivec and a 2007 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6

So far, i am impressed with the mirage.

These are the following reasons why i chose mirage over the honda jazz, toyota yaris, chevrolet spark, ford fiesta, hyundai eon, kia picanto

1. Bang for the buck - in the Philippines, the price point of mirage is best than other brands. i got mine around 14,500 US Dollars. (GLS - CVT - 1.2 MIVEC engine)

2. Fully loaded - the mirage i got. CVT, 1.2 MIVEC engine, Antilock brakes, Electronic brake-force distribution, Dual airbags, Keyless engine start/stop button, Keyless operating system, 15-inch alloy wheels, Fog lamps, Rear spoiler, Four-door power windows, Multimedia entertainment system with touch-screen display, GPS navigation system, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity, Climate Control Aircon and Tonneau cover

3. 5 years or 100,000 KM warranty whichever comes first

4. On my first preventive maintainance at 1,000 KM, i spent 42.49 US dollars. Please take note that the oil they replaced was a 3 liters MitOil SAE15W-40.

5. So far, the service is great. My mitsubishi dealer is fast in servicing the mirage. I got my first PMS in less than 2 hours. Also, I scheduled a warranty call on my alarm and in less than an hour, they replaced the defective part. Please take note that the alarm came from a third party company in the Philippines.

6. Fuel efficient - my current fuel consumption are

19.25 KM /L - highway and countryside driving
    14.5 KM /L - mixed highway and city driving
    10.5 to 14.5 KM /L - city driving

I usually drive with aircon ON at 26C - 1 bar fan speed, 2 to 4 people with 1 toddler

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aamd For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (04-26-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks for the great info aamd. Great that Mitsubishi is looking after well.

Thanks Jamie

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    aamd, welcome to our forum, we hope you like it here everyone is friendly and many are very knowledgeable. Show your car off, add it to your garage.
    Carl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aamd View Post
    2. Fully loaded - the mirage i got. CVT, 1.2 MIVEC engine, Antilock brakes, Electronic brake-force distribution, Dual airbags, Keyless engine start/stop button, Keyless operating system, 15-inch alloy wheels, Fog lamps, Rear spoiler, Four-door power windows, Multimedia entertainment system with touch-screen display, GPS navigation system, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity, Climate Control Aircon and Tonneau cover
    Wow! All that sounds great! Mine has the same except Navigation and power rear windows. Now I regret I didn't get that too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Wow! All that sounds great! Mine has the same except Navigation and power rear windows. Now I regret I didn't get that too.
    I saw a Canadian Youtube review with rear manual windows, but you're in NY. I thought all US models had 4 door power windows, is yours a Canadian model?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)