Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 DE Mirage 23k miles on it .... Noise at startup (recently)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 DE Mirage 23k miles on it .... Noise at startup (recently)

Hi ... Last two days (not every time) When I start the car up I get a grinding noise(like when your car is running and you accidently try to start it noise) It happened yesterday and two times I tried to start car and it grinded and didn't start. Waited 5 seconds started right up the rest of day. This morning, quick grind no start, then attempted again and started right up? I think its one of the two choices below? Any ideas here? I bought it with 20K miles on it and has a Bumper to Bumper warranty.
    Battery?
    Alternator?

I think I am about to find out how dealership is?

Bob

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    You didn't mention which transmission you have. There was a recall on some early Mirages because of improper clearances between the starter and the ring gear on CVT models.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you are taking it to the dealership have them check your alignment. Take the time to read through this whole thread. I wish I had before buying this car last week. http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...y-replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes ... I have the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Faulty starter motor. Let the service tech at the dealer know there was a service bulletin put out about it and it will be replaced under warranty. If they try and make you pay, which I doubt, push back or go to another dealer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update: Don Robinsons Mitsubishi has contacted me(sent an email to service department) Stateing that I should drop it off tonight after work and I can get a free loaner vehicle and they will take care of it!! Responded within 20 minutes after email! Will update what they find and the experience... so far A+

Bob

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cretbo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Excellent. Hope this makes for a good start with your dealer's service department.

Looking forward to your update.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dropped off Mirage at 5:00 pm ... they gave me a loaded Outlander sport with heated seats and every option you can imagine ..it only had 254 miles on it. They were absolutely polite , and just so down to earth. I am very impressed so far. It is so nice to deal with people that really like there job and are genuinely nice people! I must say ... that the Outlander is really nice! it is getting 30 MPG and its 4wd. I am half tempted to trade in my Mirage for this puppy!! LOL will update after pick up of Mirage ... if I don't trade it in

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok ... took Free Loaner Outlander sport back to Dealership and was off and away in my 2014 Mirage with a brand new starter!! The experience was painless and the two gals in Service were so friendly. To boot, when I picked up my car ... they had my car cleaned inside and out!! That's what I call good service!!

Bob

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cretbo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Nice! How the starter?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)