Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: adding the stop & go feature?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That makes sense. I also noticed when it was 34C outside, the car did not shut off, as the power was needed to keep the air conditioning on.

Is there any chance we will get this feature on the Canadian models? Is it the same as the "one touch start/stop" button?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

One touch start/stop is the feature where you have your "smart key" in your pocket, and you press a button to start/stop the engine (same as if you were using a traditional ignition key).

I don't think we'll be getting engine start/stop in Canada/US .... at least not initially.

But since we've speculated that it may only be a software difference between the cars with & without the feature, I could see them adding it in a future year. They usually roll out various new features/upgrades through the years to keep a model desirable as it gets closer to its next redesign.

Also, as fuel economy rules continue to tighten, that will be an incentive for the feature to be added.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Hi guys,

Are the two Dutchmen really the only people on this forum driving a Space Star/Mirage with an Auto Stop and Go system (AS&G)?

I tried to picture my alternator (95 A according to the manual), but the result was a mess, due to my limited photographic abilities.

I had a good look at my battery. The label says: "20 HR, 66 Ah, for stop and start". That seems to suggest that Mirages without AS&G have smaller batteries fitted. Could you guys without AS&G please check what's under the bonnet?

The European Space Star has a switch on the dash to disable the AS&G, but I always leave it 'on'. It works flawless in my CVT: just take your foot off the brake, the engine starts and gives you a smooth little push forward (I call it a 'kick'), for instant driving speed.

In the following situations the AS&G will not function:

- You don't use your safety belt.
    - The driver's door is not completely closed.
    - The bonnet is open.
    - The coolant temperature is too low.
    - The airco system is busy cooling the inside of the car. (Climate Control).
    - The inside of the car is heated. (Climate Control).
    - The rear window heating is 'on'.
    - The airco is in 'auto'-mode and switched in either the max or min position.
    - After starting the car it has not gone faster than 5 km/h.
    - After starting the car no more than 30 seconds have passed.
    - The car is started en stopped within 10 seconds.
    - The selection handle of the CVT is in any other position than 'D'. (AS&G will not function in 'Ds'!)
    - The Automatic Stability Control is either switched off or active.
    Last edited by talldino; 08-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to talldino For This Useful Post:

Canoehead (08-06-2013),CLARK (08-06-2013),MetroMPG (08-05-2013),mohammad (06-16-2021)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    There is some evidence that the AS&G version of the Mirage/Space Star does have a larger battery. In Mitsubishi's press release (handed out when the car was introduced in Europe) it says:

"AS&G now supported by an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) to analyze condition of the specific high-endurance (50.000 cycles) AS&G battery for non-stop operation, as opposed to previous systems. High-efficiency 95 Ah alternator. Regenerative braking system, supported by the same IBS as Auto Stop and Go".

Does that mean that they go together? You have regenerative braking when you have the AS&G? I think so.
    Last edited by talldino; 08-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Talldino, thanks for that excellent info & pics! I'm going to copy it to a dedicated thread. Very good, very good.

Thread: Operation & details of the Auto Stop & Go (engine stop/start) on a 1.2L CVT Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Polkiuj View Post
    The battery in my non AS&G Mirage is HUGE! Perhaps both the starter and the battery is the same across all models.
    Now that Talldino has posted the details of his battery, we can compare. Does yours have an Amp-hour (AH) rating listed on it?

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    In NZ and I assume Australia our battery type is 55D23L 48Ah capacity 5 hr - we do not have the AS&G option.
    Alternator capacity is 85A. It would seem that our instrument cluster is also slightly different - the eco light is either on or off with no increments and the computer readout misses some of the European functions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 46.8 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.2 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CLARK For This Useful Post:

Daox (08-07-2013),MetroMPG (08-07-2013),talldino (08-09-2013)

Thanks for sharing that extra NZ info, CLARK.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hi Clark,

This is interesting. Is your multi-information display (MID) different? I'll show you what it looks like here in Europe:

And this is my eco meter (one amber light and three green lights):

You never see them burning like that. It's either the amber light (not so efficient) or one, two and three green lights (good, better, excellent efficiency).

Could you please show me the choices your MID offers you and your eco light?
    Last edited by talldino; 08-09-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Hi Talldino,
    Sorry but I don't have the skills to put photos onto the internet. Following are the display options on my MID.
    Odometer, Tripmeter A, Tripmeter B, Meter illumination control, Driving range display, Average fuel consumption, Service reminder [distance], Service reminder [month] - a total of eight displays.
    In the display to the right of the speedometer the icons are the same except for the eco display - just a single green eco light which lights up when "driving economically" or is off when not. I find it is not difficult to keep the eco light on for 99% of the time.
    However nearly all of my driving is on open roads with little traffic.
    The option I would most like to have is the outside temperature display - we have this on our Outlander.
    It will be interesting to see what instrument displays other countries get.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 46.8 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.2 mpg (Imp)