Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2017 Mirage SE vs 2015 Mirage ES (comparison of differences/improvements)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Which one?

The one who said:

Or the one who said:
    Timothy Cain has left The Truth About Cars. Yes, he could be snarky, but he wrote well.

Mark Stevenson left TTAC too (the same week).

They're both good writers. But they were petty and unprofessional when it came to the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Damn, I just bought a 2014 DE CVT 46k miles and after reading your statement did I make a mistake? Did you not enjoy your 2015 nearly as much as your 2017? Truly curious.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Any positives about the 2014 de cvt?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Any positives about the 2014 de cvt?
    I think a person should appreciate & enjoy what they already have (especially if you are still making payments on it).

There are a lot of forum members on here that drive/own 2014-15 Mirages. I have never sensed a lot of 2017+ Mirage envy on their part. Obviously, some tweaks were done with 2017+ models. This particular discussion was started in October of 2016, & it addresses some of those.

I purchased a Mirage a year after this thread was started. Threads like this one did influence me somewhat. I could have bought a used 2014-15 Mirage in October of 2017, but I decided to go with the newer 2017+ model. Originally, I was going to wait a year or two and purchase a used 2017 Mirage. When I discovered I could buy a new one for $9000, I gave up waiting for a used one. I really like my Mirage, but I still wouldn't pay a lot of money for one.

I own a 2017 Mirage ES (manual), & you have a 2014 DE (CVT). We both own cars that are affordable, reliable, & very economical. I don't sense many long time members of this forum trading in their 2014-15 Mirages for the updated 2017+ models. You are not the only forum member who has bought a used Mirage since the 2017 changes have taken place either. Many new members are buying used Mirages. Why not? They are a great bang for your buck type of vehicle.

If you go back to the original post in this thread, you will find a happy Mirage owner. If someone isn't happy with their first Mirage, they surely aren't buying a second one. No vehicle is perfect. I have never owned one at least. We both own relatively cheap economy cars. No car review or customer opinion is going to change that fact.

I really like my Mirage for what it is, & I really don't care what others think. I have some friends who don't get small cars. Heck, my dad & brother are that way. I don't worry about it. My brother just traded in his 2004 GMC pickup for a brand new 2018 GMC pickup just a couple weeks ago. He hopes his new truck will last him another 15 years like the last one. My brother lives 7 miles from my parents, & I live about 230 miles from them. My brother pulls a relatively large fishing boat. I own a couple kayaks. We use our vehicles differently.

I wouldn't continue to second guess your purchase now that it is done. You have a nice car. Enjoy it!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-17-2019),inuvik (03-16-2019),MetroMPG (03-16-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thank you for reply. Good advice.