Thread: Can someone confirm 2014 Mirage alloy rim size?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question Can someone confirm 2014 Mirage alloy rim size?

I was looking at some online spec, and it says USDM comes with 4.5 x 14? I swear i roughly measured mine, and they seem to be 5" or 5.5"? Where exactly do they start measuring?

I am asking because I am planning to buy a new set of rims, but they are 6x14 (mainly for winter tires, but debating whether i should put winter tires on OEM rims instead), and I'm concern whether that would affect the MPG and whether the stock tires would fit the 6" width rim.

While we are on the topic, can someone also post the weight of the wheel if they know the weight of it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    14x4.5 and about 13 lbs. I purchased a set of 14x5.5 and the factory Enslaves fit fine on them. There are some that have 14x6 but I wouldn't go any wider.
    (blank signature)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    They are 14" x 4.5". It is cast right into the wheel on the back side.

Putting on larger, heavier tires and rims will affect mpgs, but I usually accept the trade-off for winter weather. Mpgs will suffer in the winter no matter what just because of the colder temps and 'winter blend' fuel (maybe not done in Canada). If I get 42 instead of 52, fine...at least my car gets around.

I bought a set of stock Mirage steelies for winter, got a new set of TPMS sensors off of Ebay, and bought some 165/65-14 Pirelli SnowControl 3 tires from Tire Rack when they were blowing them out last spring.

I am debating about whether to just buy the reset tool for the sensors off the internet or take it to the dealership to see if they can add the winter set of TPMS sensors.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-20-2016)