Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 DE - Is rough idle normal?

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Check the intake pipe before the air filter. Being loosely mounted, it usually causes irritating rattling noise.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird89 View Post
    It's an automatic. Sorry I didn't specify earlier.
    Theoretically manuals and autos should be the same.. autos while in neutral are less rougher than stationary in drive. In practise it wouldn't really be practical..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
    Check the intake pipe before the air filter. Being loosely mounted, it usually causes irritating rattling noise.
    Not only that, but it vibrates on the wires right below it and could, in time, rub through and cause a problem. If you look, it might show some wear already.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    These cars call for 0W20 synthetic although I understand the same engines can actually take a wide range of oils in other countries. They specify thin here for fuel economy standards.

Many of us came here from the 3 cylinder Geo Metro. I suggest you drive one of these if you think that the Mirage is rough at idle! Yes, 3 cylinders are unbalanced so this is nothing to worry about. Do you see any check engine lights? If not, this is normal and you just aren't used to how the car runs.

Anyway, enjoy your new car.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    My 2015 is a little unbalanced at idle but nothing really to annoy me. What I am impressed with is how smooth this little motor revs up. The 3A92 is eager to rev up and is smooth at 4000-5000 rpm's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, that did it to mine, seemed like something is loose under the hood. Even forgot about that since dealer just got some extra dampening and mounted in

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just bought a used 2015, tach stuttered a bit. After adding Marvel Mystery Oil in both gas and oil tach is dead solid at or just below 750 rpms. It idles much quieter.
    Though the engine still shakes like an unbalanced 3 cylinder if you look under the hood. I think the dealer didn't change the oil and it probably had a few month old gas in it.