Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback, Cobrajet. This is the number one reason why I don't use eBay. Here's hoping that the new sensors work out for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, Cobrajet. This is the number one reason why I don't use eBay. Here's hoping that the new sensors work out for you.
    I have had great luck on Ebay, but this seller...being in China...was a crapshoot. Guess I lost.

EDIT: The seller of these sensors, saikeautoparts1986, is fine to do business with. I contacted them through Ebay and provided them with pics of the non-functional sensors just to prove it wasn't 'operator error'...something I am sure they deal with a lot. They apologized profusely and gave me a refund for the sensors that didn't work. I'd buy from them again.
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 11-03-2016 at 10:05 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    So I got the VT30 today, and it says that three of the sensors from this seller...ARE DEAD.
    That's a bummer! I will mention a past experience to you because I was in a similar spot a few months ago. After Discount Tire mounted my new tires, I had 2 different TPMS tools that made it look like I had a couple of dead TPMS sensors. I couldn't get a reading from them with either of my own tools. I decided to have them checked with another tool.

I stopped into a local tire shop and the guy came out with their tool...and he got readings from all of my sensors almost immediately!?! As it turned out, even though all of my sensors are the same, some would trigger in a few seconds, while others would take almost 90 seconds. My personal TPMS tools are 7 years old now...so that may have something to do with it.

MitsuReset still has not arrived. Stay tuned...
    Yeah...that's what I'm waiting for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's a bummer! I will mention a past experience to you because I was in a similar spot a few months ago. After Discount Tire mounted my new tires, I had 2 different TPMS tools that made it look like I had a couple of dead TPMS sensors. I couldn't get a reading from them with either of my own tools. I decided to have them checked with another tool.

I stopped into a local tire shop and the guy came out with their tool...and he got readings from all of my sensors almost immediately!?! As it turned out, even though all of my sensors are the same, some would trigger in a few seconds, while others would take almost 90 seconds. My personal TPMS tools are 7 years old now...so that may have something to do with it.

Yeah...that's what I'm waiting for.
    Hmmm...very interesting. One of the sensors on my snow wheels triggers in seconds; the VT30 will attempt to trigger the other three for about 40 seconds before the process 'times out'. The set of five replacement sensors I bought on Ebay trigger in seconds, as do all four of the sensors currently on my car. So I figured the three that are in my snow wheels which won't activate were dead. I will keep them and see if a tire shop can activate them the next time I visit one.

The MitsuReset arrived today, but I won't have the chance to swap out the three sensors until Monday or Tuesday.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...One of the sensors on my snow wheels triggers in seconds; the VT30 will attempt to trigger the other three for about 40 seconds before the process 'times out'.
    I'm going to get my tools out tonight and try them again. I'm pretty sure it takes longer than 40 seconds on some of my sensors. I have a spare OEM Mirage TPMS sensor (bought on eBay) sitting on my desk. As an experiment I'll try to activate it and see how long it takes. I wonder if you can adjust the timeout setting on your VT30?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to get my tools out tonight and try them again. I'm pretty sure it takes longer than 40 seconds on some of my sensors. I have a spare OEM Mirage TPMS sensor (bought on eBay) sitting on my desk. As an experiment I'll try to activate it and see how long it takes. I wonder if you can adjust the timeout setting on your VT30?
    I have been in the setting menu on this thing, and it is pretty basic. I can choose what units to display in (psi, etc) and how long the backlight timeout is, but not much else.

I have a total of 13 sensors I have used the VT30 on (four active on my car, a loose set of five, and a loose set of four), and the three sensors from that one seller are the only ones I have had trouble with.

If they still work but are just 'sleeping' then they may well have to stay in that comatose state, as I don't know if I can wake them!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now I am having the same issue, it flashes, does this cover under factory warranty if I bring it back to the dealer?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Now I am having the same issue, it flashes, does this cover under factory warranty if I bring it back to the dealer?
    So every time you start the car, the TPMS light flashes for 1 minute and then remains on solid after that, right? If you haven't intentionally swapped wheels or sensors, then yes...it should be a warranty issue. The most likely reason your light is flashing right now is that one of the 4 sensors isn't sending a signal to the TPMS computer because it has a dead battery or has otherwise died.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a total of 13 sensors I have used the VT30 on (four active on my car, a loose set of five, and a loose set of four), and the three sensors from that one seller are the only ones I have had trouble with.
    I just broke out my triggering tool and headed out to the garage. Here are the results of triggering the 4 functioning sensors on my car...

LF: 10 seconds
    LR: 10 seconds
    RF: No response after 2:00 minutes (timeout limit on this tool). Responded after 1minute, 45 seconds on 2nd try.
    RR: 35 seconds

The spare TPMS sensor I have sitting on my desk right now triggers in 10 seconds.

I'm not sure what the lesson here is?!? Unfortunately, my tool doesn't provide feedback on the current state of the TPMS sensor battery. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I would keep trying those 3 sensors with your VT30...or possibly have a local tire store check them with another tool before you give up on them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So every time you start the car, the TPMS light flashes for 1 minute and then remains on solid after that, right? If you haven't intentionally swapped wheels or sensors, then yes...it should be a warranty issue. The most likely reason your light is flashing right now is that one of the 4 sensors isn't sending a signal to the TPMS computer because it has a dead battery or has otherwise died.
    I will take it to the dealer and see,... this tps thing is so complex