Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Yeah I think Mark might have missed some of the discussion. Maybe moving posts contributed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Possibly! The magic wonders of the internets and posts going off in different directions lol
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yeah I think Mark might have missed some of the discussion. Maybe moving posts contributed.
    Sorry, I lost track of what was being discussed. Me bad!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This whole topic is funny, our dealer does TPMS for free.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    This whole topic is funny, our dealer does TPMS for free.
    Then can you tell us how it's done? Details like equipment used and steps to be taken would be appreciated. Even better if you can tell us how to use two sets of TPMS sensors.

Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Then can you tell us how it's done? Details like equipment used and steps to be taken would be appreciated. Even better if you can tell us how to use two sets of TPMS sensors.

Thanks.
    Since this thread is about TPMS, I would like to know if anyone in North America is using two different sets (8 sensors) of sensors programmed into their car for summer/winter tires? I've only heard this in theory.

Dealers only get recall/warranty work from me usually. A good car is one that never has to be returned to the dealership for anything, & I have had a few of those over the years. I am not making a 130-mile round trip to reprogram my Mirage or Forester every time I switch tires (both spring & fall) even if it were free.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark, not sure if you've read this thread but it's a goal of several forum members to figure out how to do Mirage TPMS ourselves without a trip to the dealer. Even better to have two sets programmed.

If you have any insights as to how it can be done, it would be helpful.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark, not sure if you've read this thread but it's a goal of several forum members to figure out how to do Mirage TPMS ourselves without a trip to the dealer. Even better to have two sets programmed.

If you have any insights as to how it can be done, it would be helpful.
    I was being critical of Nickel's comment about this topic is funny, because his dealer does them for free. Going to a dealer is not convenient for many members. Traveling a long distance for something so simple is not free.

As far as your question Eggman goes - How many times does that discussion need to happen? Seriously?

If you want two sets of sensors, you buy or find someone with an Autel tool like the TS408. Autel MX-Senor 1 sensors are affordable, and they can be cloned multiple times with the proper Autel tool. You clone these sensors to your original sensors, & you are done. You don't have to do anything to your car. Not really sure why I would have to repeat all that? Someone know something better?

I am asking if anyone has figured out to program 8 different sensors into a North American Mirage? I have the impression that some parts of the world (winter tires are required by law) have that ability.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-12-2020 at 02:39 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (02-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Someone know something better?
    That's what this thread is about, not cloning which I see as a compromise. If it works for you, great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am asking if anyone has figured out to program 8 different sensors into a North American Mirage? I have the impression that some parts of the world (winter tires are required by law) have that ability.
    Then perhaps I misunderstand what you are trying to say, as you continue to discuss and promote cloning rather than the original post of using two sets of TPMS sensors.

I see this thread as wanting to take advantage of a feature of these cars that may be available in other markets rather than cloning. I get that cloning is possible. If you are not interested in figuring out how to activate two sets of TPMS sensors, why post here?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm confused. I thought it was agreed that the fancy smancy Bartec tool was the way to reprogram the computer. For those of us that don't want to cash out the big bucks, an Autel clone tool is the nice alternative.