Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    ETACS: Electronic Time and Alarm Control System
    It appears to do a bit more than TPMS. Check out the link for more info.

You right,... this is complex system..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i didn't read all reply when i sold mitsubishis i got trained on all mitsu products for usa models will and have TPMS' that can use 2 sets of tires. hope that helpped
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    ...when i sold mitsubishis i got trained on all mitsu products for usa models will and have TPMS' that can use 2 sets of tires.
    Someone already tried to have their dealer do this, and they said it can't be done. Details in THIS post.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Someone already tried to have their dealer do this, and they said it can't be done. Details in THIS post.
    Unless the dealer just didn't know how?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    FYI...

I was in a local tire shop yesterday Tire Discounters and they have tools for cloning programmable sensors. They also sell the sensors (about $75/each).

He said they will clone sensors that customers bring in. But he warned that a few customers complained that the cheaper sensors (like Dorman) didn't seem to last very long. I don't know what to make of that comment. He may have just wanted to sell his over-priced Schrader sensors or something.

So if you don't want to spend the money on your own programming tool for cloning your existing sensors, you might be able to find a local shop that can do it for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (11-12-2016),Eggman (11-10-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 15 is running snows on steels. Good old rubber valves. Tmps light sure is an ugly orange lol. No F**ks given. I'm old school. This little metal stem pushes into the rubber valve and.... 35 psi. Imagine that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts

Two Sets of TPMS Are Possible

I apologize in advance for the weird formatting but I just copied and pasted from the PDF.

From the service manual (relevant section in Bold and Underlined:​)

TPMS SPECIAL FUNCTION
    TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR ID REGISTRATION
    M1311003900162
    "Tire Pressure Sensor ID Registration": To enter the ID into Set 1 when the TPMS transmitter or the ETACS-ECU <vehicles without Keyless Operation System> or KOS&OSS-ECU <vehicles with Keyless Operation System> is replaced.
    "Tire PRS. Sensor ID Reg.(Set2)": To enter the ID into Set 2 when the TPMS transmitter or the ETACS-ECU <vehicles without Keyless Operation System> or KOS&OSS-ECU <vehicles with Keyless Operation System> is replaced.
    ON-VEHICLE SERVICE
    TSB Revision
    WHEEL AND TIRE 31-43
    "TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR ID REGISTRATION" METHOD
    1.Select "4tires ID Reg. (Change tire PRS.)" and start the tire pressure sensor ID registration.
    CAUTION
    Register all tire pressure sensor IDs within twenty minutes.
    2."4 SNSR ID Registration Do you want to start? Note Finish ID Registration within 20 minutes." is displayed. Then, press "OK."
    NOTE:
    If the ID code registration is not finished within 20 minutes, all the ID codes registered in the TPMS transmitter before will be erased. For this reason, the ID codes need to be registered again.
    3.Decrease the tire pressure to 189 kPa (27.4 psi) or less by changing 20 kPa (2.9 psi) or more, and register the tire pressure sensor ID code of each wheel to ETACS-ECU <vehicles without Keyless Operation System> or KOS&OSS-ECU <vehicles with Keyless Operation System>.
    NOTE:
    You can start out the following operations from any TPMS transmitter. The tire pressure sensor ID registration has no order.
    On completion of the tire pressure sensor ID code registration, the tire pressure sensor ID code is displayed on the scan tool MB991958 screen.
    scan tool MB991958 cannot identify which registered TPMS transmitter is used for each wheel. For this reason, write down the tire number for each wheel when the tire number and ID code is displayed on the scan tool MB991958 during ID code registration.
    It may take approximately one minute for the ID code to be displayed on the scan tool MB991958 screen after the tire pressure is reduced.
    If the ID code is not displayed, reduce the tire pressure another 20 kPa (2.9 psi) or more. If the ID code is not displayed yet, rotate the tire to displace the TPMS transmitter, and reduce the tire pressure 20 kPa (2.9 psi) or more again.
    If the ID code cannot be registered for all the four wheels, the ETACS-ECU <vehicles without Keyless Operation System> or KOS&OSS-ECU <vehicles with Keyless Operation System> may be faulty, thus replace the ETACS-ECU <vehicles without Keyless Operation System> or KOS&OSS-ECU <vehicles with Keyless Operation System>.
    If the ID code can be registered for one wheel or more, the TPMS transmitter in which the code cannot be registered may be faulty, thus replace that TPMS transmitter.
    ON-VEHICLE SERVICE
    TSB Revision
    31-44 WHEEL AND TIRE
    4."4 SNSR ID Registration Completed." is displayed. Then, select "OK."
    NOTE:
    The TPMS indicator illuminates for tire pressure alarm.
    5.After one minute or more has passed, correct the tire pressure for all wheels with ignition switch (engine starting switch) "ON".
    6.Check the data list "Registered ID reception, Tire 1, 2, 3, 4" if "YES" is displayed for each tire. When "NO" is displayed, drive the vehicle for approximately 5 minutes, check the display again. If "NO" is still displayed, register the ID code again.
    "TIRE PRS. SENSOR ID REG. (Set2)" METHOD
    Follow "Tire Pressure Sensor ID Registration" method.
    TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR ID CHECK
    M1311004100095
    "TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR ID CHECK" METHOD
    You can check the tire pressure sensor ID on the diagnosis screen as described below.
    1.Operate scan tool MB991958 as follows:
    Press "Special function" button on the diagnosis screen.
    Select "Tire Pressure Sensor ID Check" from the "Special function" menu.
    CAUTION
    If two sets of the IDs have been registered, the scan tool MB991958 will display the IDs of the wheels which are currently effective in the vehicle.
    2.Check the tire pressure sensor IDs on the scan tool MB991958 screen.
    TPMS TRANSMITTER CHECK
    M1311004000117
    According to the following procedures, identify which registered TPMS transmitter corresponds to which wheel, and check the tire pressure and acceleration value of each TPMS transmitter.
    1.Check the data list "Air Pressure, Tire1, 2, 3, 4" and write down the tire pressure for all wheels.
    NOTE:
    The display at this time is the data received most recently.
    2.Perform the following procedures for four wheels in order, identify the wheel by checking the tire pressure of each wheel.
    (1)Change the pressure of tire for 20 kPa (2.9 psi) or more so that the TPMS transmitter sends the latest sensor data (The tire pressure can either be decreased or increased).
    (2)Check the data list screen to determine which tire number corresponds to the wheel whose tire pressure has changed.
    WHEEL AND TIRE
    TSB Revision
    WHEEL AND TIRE 31-45
    NOTE:
    It may take approximately one minute that the data of tire pressure change is displayed on the scan tool MB991958 screen.
    If the data of tire pressure change is not displayed on the scan tool MB991958 screen, the most possible cause is that the radio wave sent from the TPMS transmitter cannot be received. In this case, the radio wave may be received by performing the procedures from (1) again after turning the tire to change the TPMS transmitter position. If the tire pressure change is still not displayed on the scan tool MB991958 screen, the TPMS transmitter in which the ID code is not registered may be installed, or the TPMS transmitter may be faulty. Therefore, perform ID code registration or replace the TPMS transmitter according to the instructions of troubleshooting for DTCs. (At this time, do not register the ID codes or replace the TPMS transmitter.)
    3.Check the tire pressure or acceleration value shown in the screen (if needed).
    4.After checking by the tire pressure change, adjust the checked tire pressure to the proper value.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-08-2017),Eggman (01-08-2017),tomrad (01-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    My 15 is running snows on steels. Good old rubber valves. Tmps light sure is an ugly orange lol. No F**ks given. I'm old school. This little metal stem pushes into the rubber valve and.... 35 psi. Imagine that.
    Yes. I'm not a big fan of the current set up. Pressure monitoring is a good idea, though.
    Wouldn't be so bad if it were easy to add more sensors, inexpensive, and displayed the actual pressure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My stock oem tires have tmps . they go back on in the spring. Good enough for me. Unless it's gonna blow up the car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I apologize in advance for the weird formatting but I just copied and pasted from the PDF.

From the service manual (relevant section in Bold and Underlined:​)

TPMS SPECIAL FUNCTION
    TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR ID REGISTRATION
    This is from the manual for a US market car? Are some dealers, then, just too stoopid to do this or can we really only hold one set of sensor codes??