Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    ... after installing my OE wheels with winter tires on the other day, the light decided to turn right back on.
    So the TPMS sensors in your OE wheels are not registered in the TPMS computer.

I'm curious about what your TPMS light is indicating. When you start your car now, does the TPMS light flash for 1 minute and then stay on solid?

I know from past experience putting the old set back on turned the light back off...
    ...if I were to put the VX wheels back on (with the old sensors which are currently programmed to the car), drove it until the light turned off, then swap on the OEM wheels (which currently are removed from the ECU) and reset it before it turns on the TPMS light, it should work.
    I believe that would work. As long as that TPMS light isn't flashing when you start the car, you should be able to register the sensor IDs into the computer using something like the Mitsureset tool. That's my understanding after reading the TPMS section of the Service Manual.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 10-26-2016 at 06:49 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)