Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaton View Post
    I was wondering what would happen if each wheel set of 4 all had sensors with the same ID, then would it throw a fault?
    I don't think this would work...here's why. You would have to have the same 4 sensor IDs written into the ETACS module where the 4 individual sensor IDs are stored. I would imagine that the ETACS module has basic logic built into it to prevent the same ID from being saved more than once during the registration process.

When I look at the diagnositc codes for TPMS errors, I don't see a code that says "duplicate TPMS IDs" or anything like that...so I'm assuming the firmware is in place to prevent this from happening.

...could we maybe have a Sticky listing all TPMS tools which have been verified as being able to clone a brans of sensor that the Mirage will read?
    I'm working on a thread with diagrams and info to condense all the latest TPMS info into a single thread. I will include info about my TPMS tool...and I'm sure Cobrajet will post the stuff about his.

UPDATE: For everything you ever wanted to know about the Mirage's TPMS system check THIS thread.

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 03-08-2019 at 05:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Yeah I have an Autel MaxiPro 808.
    Does that do TPMS functions?

Moderator's note: moved Autel 808 TPMS discussion from OEM Remote Start refuses to register remote
    Last edited by Eggman; 02-11-2020 at 03:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    TPMS? It should be able to.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can you check? Legend says the Mirage can do two sets of sensors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That would be pretty sweet. I have a second set of rims with TPMS sensors here I wanted to put snows on so if that's the case that would be cool. I'll go mess with it later today.

As for the remote start, I have an appointment Friday for dealer to program it. Hurray for $135 flying out the window... I just have to make damn sure I bring both keys and the remote with me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That would be pretty sweet. I have a second set of rims with TPMS sensors here I wanted to put snows on so if that's the case that would be cool. I'll go mess with it later today.
    That would be a huge score. Should probably put the findings in one of the TPMS threads.

Like this one: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors
    Last edited by Eggman; 02-11-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Look for these 2 things:

1. Can the tool read your existing TPMS Sensor IDs through the OBDII port.
    2. Can the tool can put the computer into TPMS "re-learn" mode to register new sensors.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 02-11-2020 at 03:24 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts

As for the remote start, I have an appointment Friday for dealer to program it. Hurray for $135 flying out the window... I just have to make damn sure I bring both keys and the remote with me.
    If you program you new sensors to your car, the original sensors will not register come spring. Are you willing to pay a dealer $135 every time you change wheels?

I would live with TPMS light being on during the winter months, or toss the second set of sensors & replace them with cloned sensors.

If you have a dealer change the sensor codes, your original sensors will not work later on. I wouldn't waste my money on going to a dealer for this. I would clone a second set of sensors to your existing sensors. You never have to visit a dealer and your two sets of wheels will just work without having to do anything every time you change them.

If he can program them why would he pay a dealer to do something he can do himself?
    I wasn't able to get to far in the tpms menu's. It eventually said function not supported or something similar. Not sure if it's cause non of our cars have tpms enabled or if the tool isn't capable enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have an Autel diagnostic tool that is a shop grade piece of equipment. Going to see if it can interface with the Mirage's TPMS unit. I wouldn't pay the dealer to program tire sensors haha. That's a separate thing for the remote start I added. Have to pay for that because security clearance issues with keys.