Thread: Stiffer/harder rear suspension

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Stiffer/harder rear suspension

Hi, i know there have been discussions on this topic but its all about racing suspension, where im looking for rear suspension components to harden or stiffen them as the factory Mirage rear suspension is too soft. I got 95000km on mine and warranty is almost over, i wonder if anybody knows of such parts and where to get them in Canada or even US but im not looking for the ones that lower my Mirage as i need to keep my ground clearance to drive it in winter. I appreciate for any input from u guys!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlupp View Post
    Hi, i know there have been discussions on this topic but its all about racing suspension, where im looking for rear suspension components to harden or stiffen them as the factory Mirage rear suspension is too soft. I got 95000km on mine and warranty is almost over, i wonder if anybody knows of such parts and where to get them in Canada or even US but im not looking for the ones that lower my Mirage as i need to keep my ground clearance to drive it in winter. I appreciate for any input from u guys!
    A few members have put Yaris rear springs in with good results and a few members have put VW Beetle rear springs in (they are much stiffer). At least one member has put Honda Fit rear springs in also. Yaris is probably the easiest with simply jacking the car up, place a jack stand or block under the car, remove the rear shock absorber lower bolt, let the spring drop out, put the new spring in place, put the shock absorber bolt back in, remove the jack stand, lower the vehicle. Done!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for ur input, its a good idea to use the Yaris springs, what year Yaris would fit?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    I'll add the Air Lift suspension air bags. Easiest installation, maintains stock components, and adjustable.

Mitz - AIR LIFT 60724 1000 Series Air Spring Kit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    In case anyone is interested, the Air Lift 60724 1000 Series Air Spring Kit is currently $79.99 on Amazon. When I first started looking into this kit, I recall it was over $100.

Amazon: Air Lift 60724 1000 Series Air Spring Kit

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-11-2019),inuvik (04-11-2019)