Thread: Fog Light shopping help!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Exclamation Fog Light shopping help!

Looking to purchase fog lights for the mirage, I've found a pair on Amazon for a great price but, I'm comfused on why they come with additional wire if the mirage has factory wiring already there? (Note this is for the none-fog light mirage) I'll post a link below, and also if you look on amazon and view the question asked below on amazon some said don't use the factory wiring? Would that be because the fog lights need enabled on the mirage itself? plus the relay in the fuse box under the hood? Just asking all this because I really want fog lights bad but, want them to work on factory wiring sense my mirage has the fog light switch on the headlight lever. Thanks!!

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01015D3A2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1DBP DNGKBLL4D&coliid=I1J5FBHMCZS345

Cars:
    15' Mitsubishi Mirage DE CVT
    17' Toyota Corolla LE

Instagram: Slow_As_F*ck <- Change the "*" to a "U" and you'll find me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also noticed that it uses H8 for Europe bulbs (from what I noticed on the bulbs list) but mine for it being a US model would need H11 a higher wattage, or is H8 and H11 the same bulb just different power rating within the bulb?
    Cars:
    15' Mitsubishi Mirage DE CVT
    17' Toyota Corolla LE

Instagram: Slow_As_F*ck <- Change the "*" to a "U" and you'll find me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I keep seeing people say they have a fog light switch already installed. Can you post a pic? I'm wondering if I'm overlooking it on mine or if I don't actually have it. Thanks!

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My advice is to go with the osram LED fogs. you can get them just as fog lights (cheap) or with driving and fog, the latteral are pricey though.
    https://www.osram.com/osram_com/news...ghts/index.jsp

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My advice is to go with the osram LED fogs. you can get them just as fog lights (cheap) or with driving and fog, the latteral are pricey though.
    https://www.osram.com/osram_com/news...ghts/index.jsp

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure about the wiring but I know you will need to have it programmed at the dealer to enable the fog light switch on the turn signal stalk. People were quoting ~$100 just for the dealer to enable the switch, which is why I decided to use my own wires and switch.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJT View Post
    Looking to purchase fog lights for the mirage, I've found a pair on Amazon for a great price but, I'm comfused on why they come with additional wire if the mirage has factory wiring already there? (Note this is for the none-fog light mirage) I'll post a link below, and also if you look on amazon and view the question asked below on amazon some said don't use the factory wiring? Would that be because the fog lights need enabled on the mirage itself? plus the relay in the fuse box under the hood? Just asking all this because I really want fog lights bad but, want them to work on factory wiring sense my mirage has the fog light switch on the headlight lever. Thanks!!

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01015D3A2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1DBP DNGKBLL4D&coliid=I1J5FBHMCZS345
    I have bought a similar set online and in my case the extra wiring wasn't used, the plugs that came with the fog lights matched the existing factory wiring plugs on my Mirage.
    If yours don't one solution is to solder in a set of matching Molex plugs or even just splice them in.
    But like Anog says the dealers have started to gouge customers for this service. I was lucky I was only charged $20.
    However, many people have resorted to using a Mini VCI with the J2534 protocol and a online service that allows you to change functions in the cars computer for as little as $60 or so.

Last edited by strawboss; 10-27-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: add the minii vci paragraph

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)