Thread: Sway bar holding bracket?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts

Sway bar holding bracket?

On any car nowadays there isn't anything built onto them without a purpose, even if its just blatant nonsense for pleasing potential buyers.

Near the bottom of the rear springs, there is something that only seems to make sense if it were a sway bar holding bracket. See picture looking at the bracket from below on bottom left.
    Of course, our's don't have a rear sway bar, but if that bracket is there, it must have a purpose.

Question: Is there some model Mirage that actually has a sway bar? Is there a Mitsubishi model that has the same rear axle and has a sway bar? Name:  sway bar holder.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  82.7 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Those brackets were on my 2014 and they are on my 2017 as well.
    They could be there to aid in assembly/alignment during manufacture or for wind deflection/harmonics, pretty much anything.
    Seeing as this car was designed for regions with lesser quality roads and lower speeds than we're used to it's unlikely to be sway bar related IMO.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)