Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 321 to 328 of 328

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

  1. #321
    Different drivetrains?


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 63.0 mpg (US) ... 26.8 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.6 mpg (Imp)


  2. #322
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,251
    Thanked 705 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    The new Outlander isn't just a Rogue with three-diamond badge. Yes, they share a platform and a center stack on the interior, but it's not just like the days of GM slapping a different badge and body cladding on it. There's a lot more to it.

    I mean the GS platform, of which the Outlander Sport is based, was also employed by the Jeep Patriot/Compass as well as the Chrysler Sebring. That doesn't mean that an Outlander Sport is just a rebadged Sebring.
    He means what's most important, the Nissan engine & Nissan Xtronic programmed CVT8 found in the new Outlander. There's no definitive data listed anywhere from Nissan or Mitsubishi but anecdotally it appears Mitsu INVECS III CVT programming does a better job in overall reliability vs Xtronic. Judging from the lack of consumer complaints of premature CVT failure in Mitsus vs Nissans. Granted Nissan sells a lot more cars but there isn't thread after thread of Outlander Sport owners complaining about cvt failure vs poor Nissan Rogue owners. It's just an educated guess but I think a lot of older pre 2022 Outlanders will have a better chance of hitting 200k miles cvt trouble free than Rogues. Who knows though really? It'll be a few years till we see just how reliable the 2022 Outlander is.

  3. #323
    It's a perfect experiment: CVT failure rate in the new Rogue vs. new Outlander! Too bad we'll never really know the true answer.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 63.0 mpg (US) ... 26.8 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.6 mpg (Imp)


  4. #324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,510
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    The new Outlander isn't just a Rogue with three-diamond badge. Yes, they share a platform and a center stack on the interior, but it's not just like the days of GM slapping a different badge and body cladding on it. There's a lot more to it.
    I guess I don't get your point here? They share the same powertrain (engine) & same platform. I have no doubt they have differences just like Hyundai & KIA models do.

    If someone really likes the Rogue, they should consider the Outlander. It's a very similar vehicle that comes with a better warranty.

    On a personal level, none of this really matters to me. A CVT SUV is not something I would buy.

  5. #325
    Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 350 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I guess I don't get your point here? They share the same powertrain (engine) & same platform. I have no doubt they have differences just like Hyundai & KIA models do.

    If someone really likes the Rogue, they should consider the Outlander. It's a very similar vehicle that comes with a better warranty.

    On a personal level, none of this really matters to me. A CVT SUV is not something I would buy.
    The Chrysler Sebring and the Jeep Patriot shared the same engine, transmission, and chassis too, but that doesn't mean one is just a rebadged version of the other. That's all. Different interior, sheetmetal, tuning, etc. I'm just trying to say that it's not just a Rogue with a Mitsubishi badge slapped onto it. (Think how Suzuki rebadged a Nissan Frontier and sold it. This is not that scenario)

  6. #326
    Senior Member Dodge Aries K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 309 Times in 209 Posts
    Technically, the Chrysler version of the engine is a bit different than the Mitsu one. The bottom ends are the same but everything on the top end is different.
    -Karl B. 2015 DE 5 speed x 2. Plenty of other cars as well.

  7. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,510
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    The Chrysler Sebring and the Jeep Patriot shared the same engine, transmission, and chassis too, but that doesn't mean one is just a rebadged version of the other. That's all. Different interior, sheetmetal, tuning, etc. I'm just trying to say that it's not just a Rogue with a Mitsubishi badge slapped onto it. (Think how Suzuki rebadged a Nissan Frontier and sold it. This is not that scenario)
    Rebadged vehicles have been around for decades. GEO models for GM. Former Ford & Mazda small pickup trucks and SUVs. Toyota's current Supra (BMW) is not strictly an all Toyota design at all.

    No one would say a Sebring is a rebadged Patriot????

    Some reviews seem to think the new Outlander is a vast improvement. The same is being said about the Rogue.

    Does the new 2022 Outlander seem more like former Outlander or the 2021 Rogue? Does it matter?

    I am not a fan of Nissan. If the new Outlander was designed with Toyota, I would be more impressed. Anything associate with Nissan not so much. That's just me. Others can feel otherwise.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-28-2021 at 08:50 PM.

  8. #328
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    3,575
    Thanks
    1,251
    Thanked 705 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rebadged vehicles have been around for decades. GEO models for GM. Former Ford & Mazda small pickup trucks and SUVs. Toyota's current Supra (BMW) is not strictly an all Toyota design at all.

    No one would say a Sebring is a rebadged Patriot????

    Some reviews seem to think the new Outlander is a vast improvement. The same is being said about the Rogue.

    Does the new 2022 Outlander seem more like former Outlander or the 2021 Rogue? Does it matter?

    I am not a fan of Nissan. If the new Outlander was designed with Toyota, I would be more impressed. Anything associate with Nissan not so much. That's just me. Others can feel otherwise.
    I second this with extreme prejudice. Just having Mitsu outsource an AISIN transmission would be a dream.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •