Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Maybe the 6G Mirage's swan song will be a performance edition.
    Would honestly be pretty slick if they did. I certainly wouldn't buy it, but I think the new facelift is aggressive-enough looking that it would actually fit in nicely without raising too many eyebrows.

The one thing Mitsubishi has been missing for a long time is a halo product to stick in people's minds and get them in the door.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Good news it seems Mitsubishi keeps their designs on the market longer than most to me. Sport is a decade old, the Lancer was unchanged for a long time, etc. I'd hope the Mirage stuck around at least till 2025?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Good news it seems Mitsubishi keeps their designs on the market longer than most to me. Sport is a decade old, the Lancer was unchanged for a long time, etc. I'd hope the Mirage stuck around at least till 2025?
    I believe the current generation Mirage started production in 2012 before hitting the North American market in 2014. So my guess would be 2023 unless for some bizarre reason fuel prices spike to unheard of levels lol and the Mirage starts to sell like hotcakes!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Outsport had some good points (I test drove a manual one and it was pleasant to operate) but that body style just seems like a bad joke to me. Can't even see out the back with the roof so low. Really wish they had just offered a manual Outlander in the US and not made the sport to confuse things. Nissan sometimes likes to let models run a while too, but usually it's their performance cars, which makes sense as they cost a lot to develop vs how slowly they sell. Id hate to see the nice folks at Mitsubishi Thailand get shaken up over a merger, and I worry about reliability of modern Nissan platforms. That said, the nice folks over there did such a fine job building Sensha, I don't expect to require their services again for at least a few more years.
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    Outsport had some good points (I test drove a manual one and it was pleasant to operate) but that body style just seems like a bad joke to me. Can't even see out the back with the roof so low. Really wish they had just offered a manual Outlander in the US and not made the sport to confuse things. Nissan sometimes likes to let models run a while too, but usually it's their performance cars, which makes sense as they cost a lot to develop vs how slowly they sell. Id hate to see the nice folks at Mitsubishi Thailand get shaken up over a merger, and I worry about reliability of modern Nissan platforms. That said, the nice folks over there did such a fine job building Sensha, I don't expect to require their services again for at least a few more years.
    Finding out the new Outlander is just a rebadged Nissan was quite disappointing.

I prefer the looks of the Outlander Sport over any of the other Mitsubishi vehicles offered in the States. Sadly, the 2.0L engine with a 5-speed manual was dropped.

As far as Outlander vs Outland Sport, that sort of naming has been going on for decades. It's not much different than the new Ford Bronco vs Bronco Sport, which are two different vehicles. Chevy has a Blazer & a Trialblazer now.

I don't expect much from Mitsubishi when it come to naming new products (like the Eclipse Cross).

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    A 4 Cylinder Engine. lol

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I almost bought a Micra, although the Mirage has worked out pretty nicely so far (probably never would have been about to hack CC for free on the Micra), Thought the CVT would net me some good fuel savings, maybe a Micra would have lasted me longer with it's non CVT gearbox, we shall see.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    I almost bought a Micra, although the Mirage has worked out pretty nicely so far (probably never would have been about to hack CC for free on the Micra), Thought the CVT would net me some good fuel savings, maybe a Micra would have lasted me longer with it's non CVT gearbox, we shall see.
    Today's Micra are CVT. At least the ones for sale in the UK are manual or CVT.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Today's Micra are CVT. At least the ones for sale in the UK are manual or CVT.
    Thanks mark, I think this were before they went CVT, just a traditional 4 speed

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Finding out the new Outlander is just a rebadged Nissan was quite disappointing.

I prefer the looks of the Outlander Sport over any of the other Mitsubishi vehicles offered in the States. Sadly, the 2.0L engine with a 5-speed manual was dropped.

As far as Outlander vs Outland Sport, that sort of naming has been going on for decades. It's not much different than the new Ford Bronco vs Bronco Sport, which are two different vehicles. Chevy has a Blazer & a Trialblazer now.

I don't expect much from Mitsubishi when it come to naming new products (like the Eclipse Cross).
    The new Outlander isn't just a Rogue with three-diamond badge. Yes, they share a platform and a center stack on the interior, but it's not just like the days of GM slapping a different badge and body cladding on it. There's a lot more to it.

I mean the GS platform, of which the Outlander Sport is based, was also employed by the Jeep Patriot/Compass as well as the Chrysler Sebring. That doesn't mean that an Outlander Sport is just a rebadged Sebring.