Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why is Mitsubishi's newest crossover its worst seller?

As of September 2019, the Outlander Sport (26,160) is out selling the Eclipse Cross (15,859). They aren't priced all that differently.

Seems like the new model should be the hot seller, but that's not the case. Just wonder why that is?
    Most likely that even though the OS/RVR/ASX is ancient in auto terms-10 years on the same platform it's very reliable and affordable. My out the door price for my 2019 5 speed manual OS was $15740 and it's a blast to drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I like it, too (and that yellow color as well). While I don't like the idea of messing with success, I also like the idea of progress.

How long can Mitsubishi Motors North America get by by simply refreshing head- and taillights on their models, however?

Sans the Eclipse Cross, the answer is apparently "a long time." Then again, the Eclipse Cross is still on the same ancient platform as the Outlander Sport, just with a more modern engine, interior, and sheet metal. I understand an all-new (like really new) Outlander should appear in 2021. I wonder if the Mirage can survive with just minor refreshes? Don't get me wrong, I love my Mirage, I just wonder how they'll get others to love it?
    A couple things about this yellow car strike me as strange. It appears to have a "MIRAGE" license plate, as though it were an auto show car. It does not appear to have spots on the front fenders for the turn signals, or the trim pieces that replace the turn signals when the signals are on the mirrors. That would be a strange thing for someone to Photoshop out. The fact that they are not present would make much more sense if the mirror-mounted turn signals were going to be made standard. It would be difficult to Photoshop this picture without it looking obvious, and the front end is different than any other Mitsubishi model the nose could be lifted from. It is also strange that this car, were it a factory test mule, has such deep tint on the windows.

Is it possible that the current Mirage could just soldier on in '21 with a fresh corporate nose? You bet. The last generation Lancer debuted in 2008, and Mitsubishi kept it around until '17...while just freshening the nose and ass every few years. The Mirage debuted for 2013, and got a nose job for 2017. Four years. When the '21 comes out, the front end treatment that debuted for '17 will be....four years old.

People shopping this end of the market aren't expecting a complete platform redesign every five years, and Mitsubishi knows that. There is nothing wrong with freshening and refining a platform that is selling reasonably well and it still in compliance with all regulations. In fact, Mitsubishi has already done this with other models like the Outlander Sport and the Lancer.

If this is a '21 Mirage, I LIKE IT.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-30-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I hope the basic Mirage soldiers on for a few more years. At this stage, owning my two, I hope the '14 goes to 500k miles (800k kms.) Steve's cheap plastic car shows no signs of crapping out anytime soon so I can dream.

My '17. with my '14 driving the bulk of the distance trips will hopefully make it to the same 500k miles, but it will take a lot longer to get there. That is, unless my kid ends up commuting 100/miles/day to uni and back.

In theory, if my Mirages aren't totalled by others there's probably 10-12 years before the '14 gets retired and likely 12-15 years before my '17 retires. I can push those years off by another 5-7 if I can get a new Mirage OTD for $12k or less in the future. I don't think I'd hesitate buying another, if for example, the 2021/22 Mirage has great incentives to move it out. Matter of fact, this might be the plan when my kid starts driving full time as my partner will need wheels. I'll happily drive the '14 regardless of miles, put the new 21/22 in my kids hands and let my partner have the '17. That keeps everyone happy and mobile.

At the end of the day I'm still going to have less than $25k to keep 3 people mobile in newish well equipped reliable cars. That blows my mind when you consider a Civic or Corolla or similar will set you back that or more.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-30-2019)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Attachment 15784

Saw it on Instagram, mirage with dynamic shield face. Is it real or photoshopped?
    It also was published on a local car blog

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...hi-mirage.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bloodehunter For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Until Mitsubishi Corporate releases actual photos, it's all theory. With DSLR's and cell phones able to take excellent photo's and video this is a really crappy resolution photo with no verification. Nothing about this picture sways me from photoshopped.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Until Mitsubishi Corporate releases actual photos, it's all theory. With DSLR's and cell phones able to take excellent photo's and video this is a really crappy resolution photo with no verification. Nothing about this picture sways me from photoshopped.
    I may be wrong, but it looks to me like the vehicle was photographed with a decent camera, just from quite a distance. The car itself was cropped from the photo and blown up.

Personally, I think it is legit. And I like it. Best version of the 'dynamic shield' front end I have seen so far.

If you are going to Photoshop an extant front end onto an extant car for the purpose of creating a design study or fantasy car, why bother to make it blurry like this? Why not start with a better pic? Why make the rendered car you are creating an OEM color that is rare for most of the world? Wouldn't Cloud White make much more sense for a Photoshopped car?

IMHO, somebody took a picture of this car. What this car is, who took the picture, and why are debatable. But I think this vehicle exists.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-30-2019),Pryme (10-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Best version of the 'dynamic shield' front end I have seen so far.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    IMHO, somebody took a picture of this car. What this car is, who took the picture, and why are debatable. But I think this vehicle exists.
    Again, I agree. I looked up the guy and there's a bunch of car pics, which leads me to think that's what he does.

But in the end, I gotta side with inuvik on this - I'll believe it when I see it.

It's like some advice I got long ago: Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I would like to see a photo of the factory rear stabilizer bar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I agree.

Again, I agree. I looked up the guy and there's a bunch of car pics, which leads me to think that's what he does.

But in the end, I gotta side with inuvik on this - I'll believe it when I see it.

It's like some advice I got long ago: Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
    Or that old saying ""who are you going to trust, me or your lying eyes?"
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Thinking more about that photo, particularly about the 'Mirage' front plate and the heavy tint: I wonder if it was snapped while they were shooting video for commercials or "B-roll" footage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)