Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    IMO as long as the platform is the same from the A pillar back I don't really care how they restyle the front. Well, I care a bit but having the same platform means the same driveline we know and love, the same passenger compartment, etc.

The Mirage came along exactly at the right time for me. I was a couple of years late to the party having bought my brand new 2014 in Oct of 2016. Figure that one out. There may be one more new Mirage purchase for me but if not I'm still happy with what I have.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Most likely that even though the OS/RVR/ASX is ancient in auto terms-10 years on the same platform it's very reliable and affordable. My out the door price for my 2019 5 speed manual OS was $15740 and it's a blast to drive.
    According to the Mitsubishi website -

Outlanders Sport starting price = $22,495
    Eclipse Cross starting price = $22,845

That's a difference of $350. Are Mitsubishi discounts favoring the Outlander Sport?

I like the Outlander Sport. If they made a AWD manual, I would probably own one some day.

I sort of wonder if the Eclipse Cross is creating new customers for Mitsubishi or just taking a few sales from the Outlander & Outlander Sport?

I still believe the Triton would have done a much better job of boosting Mitsubishi's presence in the States.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thinking more about that photo, particularly about the 'Mirage' front plate and the heavy tint: I wonder if it was snapped while they were shooting video for commercials or "B-roll" footage.
    It is my understanding that late next month there is a car show in Asia where the new-look Mirage will be unveiled. We are probably seeing that very car here now! I'd be amazed if Mitsubishi did not have this show car ready to go by now.

https://paultan.org/2019/10/31/mitsu...elift-spotted/

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Although the new Mirage does look more contemporary I always loved the original nose because it reminds me of the Ford Taurus nose on the Nascar Grand Nationals. They looked mean and all business like ready to drive 200 mph at Atlanta superspeedway.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Still no word from Mitsubishi HQ.

Clickbait.

Mean looking front ends are getting out if hand. I guess it works for people, if that's what sells cars.

So long as it looks cool / tough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Who started the mean nose trend? I first noticed it on Fords, the Focus and Fiesta. Maybe another manufacturer beat them to it?

Dynamic Shield Mirage facelift coming soon...

A Thai auto site says we can expect the new facelift unveiling at the Thailand International Motor Expo at the end of November:

The word from Headlightmag in Thailand is that Mitsubishi is planning to unveil this facelifted Mirage along with its Attrage sedan sister – which will also get the Dynamic Shield front – at the Motor Expo 2019 event next month.
    Google translate of Thai article: https://translate.google.com/transla...Yl8-98Qm8ddPlY

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

New theory! Speculation-a-thon...

New theory: With all the upheaval in the Nissan/Renault/Mitsu Alliance, Mitsu decided at the last minute to facelift the Mirage (again) and keep producing the 6th gen platform, rather than risk going in on the CMF-B platform just as the partnership falls apart!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-04-2019),inuvik (11-03-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    New theory: With all the upheaval in the Nissan/Renault/Mitsu Alliance, Mitsu decided at the last minute to facelift the Mirage (again) and keep producing the 6th gen platform, rather than risk going in on the CMF-B platform just as the partnership falls apart!
    Hmmm. Does Mits sell in the Chinese market? I've never heard anything to the effect that they do. I know there are some cheap domestic Chinese cars but the Mirage could likely be competitive.

Or the animosity between Japan and China over the rape of Nanking still there? Keeping Mits out of the Chinese market. It's been nearly 90 years.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    A couple things about this yellow car strike me as strange. It appears to have a "MIRAGE" license plate, as though it were an auto show car. It does not appear to have spots on the front fenders for the turn signals, or the trim pieces that replace the turn signals when the signals are on the mirrors. That would be a strange thing for someone to Photoshop out. The fact that they are not present would make much more sense if the mirror-mounted turn signals were going to be made standard. It would be difficult to Photoshop this picture without it looking obvious, and the front end is different than any other Mitsubishi model the nose could be lifted from. It is also strange that this car, were it a factory test mule, has such deep tint on the windows
    The complete picture of yellow mirage
    Name:  Spyshot-Mitsubishi-Mirage-Facelift-Thailand.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  44.4 KB

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (11-04-2019),Eggman (11-03-2019),Fummins (11-04-2019),inuvik (11-03-2019),MetroMPG (11-04-2019),Tuques (11-03-2019)