Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post

Saw it on Instagram, mirage with dynamic shield face. Is it real or photoshopped?
    Either way, I like it!

Moved to the 2021 / Gen 7 speculation thread...

It looks real to me, but it also just looks like a facelift of the existing car.

It's got me wondering if the current/6th gen platform is going to continue to be produced, while some markets get a rebadged Micra/Clio.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

If they do decide to share a platform with Nissan I wonder if they'll keep the same 100k mile warranty or make it shorter like Nissan's?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It looks real to me, but it also just looks like a facelift of the existing car.
    I agree. It reminds me of what some owners were doing blacking out their front bumpers on the 2014 - 2015s. It's almost as if the beloved mail slot has been moved below the bumper.

It's got me wondering if the current/6th gen platform is going to continue to be produced, while some markets get a rebadged Micra/Clio.
    Good point. To that, how long did the Lancer sell after production ended?

This sixth generation Mirage fared better than expectations - here's hoping the next generation leads to continued success for Mitsubishi.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like it, too (and that yellow color as well). While I don't like the idea of messing with success, I also like the idea of progress.

How long can Mitsubishi Motors North America get by by simply refreshing head- and taillights on their models, however?

Sans the Eclipse Cross, the answer is apparently "a long time." Then again, the Eclipse Cross is still on the same ancient platform as the Outlander Sport, just with a more modern engine, interior, and sheet metal. I understand an all-new (like really new) Outlander should appear in 2021. I wonder if the Mirage can survive with just minor refreshes? Don't get me wrong, I love my Mirage, I just wonder how they'll get others to love it?

Can anyone think of another car that had 3 significant facelifts/buttlifts, but the middle didn't change at all?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Can anyone think of another car that had 3 significant facelifts/buttlifts, but the middle didn't change at all?
    The Metro?

For many years it looked the same to me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    89-94 were the same with a refresh in 92. 95-01 were the same with a refresh in 98.

I am stumped at this question except maybe the Wrangler which I know little of. Wanted to say corolla though they look similar 93-02 the 98+ body('01 refresh) was slightly different when you look close.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I like it, too (and that yellow color as well). While I don't like the idea of messing with success, I also like the idea of progress.

How long can Mitsubishi Motors North America get by by simply refreshing head- and taillights on their models, however?

Sans the Eclipse Cross, the answer is apparently "a long time." Then again, the Eclipse Cross is still on the same ancient platform as the Outlander Sport, just with a more modern engine, interior, and sheet metal. I understand an all-new (like really new) Outlander should appear in 2021. I wonder if the Mirage can survive with just minor refreshes? Don't get me wrong, I love my Mirage, I just wonder how they'll get others to love it?
    Why is Mitsubishi's newest crossover its worst seller?

As of September 2019, the Outlander Sport (26,160) is out selling the Eclipse Cross (15,859). They aren't priced all that differently.

Seems like the new model should be the hot seller, but that's not the case. Just wonder why that is?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The Metro?

For many years it looked the same to me.
    I like vehicle that don't lose their identity. Vehicle like the Golf, Beetle, and Soul. Doesn't matter what generation it is, you instantly recognize it as being different (itself). I am not saying these are great vehicles. I just like the fact they are somewhat unique, & they don't try to be like everything else.

I seldom like vehicles that evolve into something else. I may be odd that way!

I bought a Mirage because it was cheap (under $10,000 brand new), reliable (decent warranty), & economical (competes with many hybrids/same hwy mpg as a Prius c).

The Mirage is a cheap little economy hatchback. I could care less how it looks now or in the future. It's not why I bought one.

If the next generation Mirage is more expensive, a bit larger, & less economical (like a Honda Fit), I am buying something else. The Mirage fills a void in the car market. If the Mirage becomes something else, I don't see it being successful.

If Nissan Micra can't get 40-50 mpg, for example, I'm not interested. I don't care how powerful it is, how cheap it is, how great it handles, or how great it looks.

Affordable, reliable, & economical is a good formula for Mirage. If they go away from that, it's lost my interest.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-31-2019)