Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The new Mirage will get bigger, heavier, more complex, and more expensive. The end!
    I hope not. I would rather see drivetrain options - one for economy, one for sport. I think that would help build this model's market share.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I hope not. I would rather see drivetrain options - one for economy, one for sport. I think that would help build this model's market share.
    I hope you are right. But the government gets a vote, too. A BIG vote. I'd also like to see a true 'stripper', sub-$10k, crank-windows, 1.0 econo version of the car, as well as maybe a nasty little performance version with 100 or so horsepower.

But with the numbers of these being sold, Mitsubishi may not be willing to go to all the trouble of selling a 'hot hatch' Mirage if they can only expect to move 50 or so per month.

I think this might be a possibility if the Mirage were selling @3000 a month.

The economy car landscape sure has changed. Remember when the Metro/Suzukiclone econoboxes had five (!) distinct engine options and 4 different body styles?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I think this might be a possibility if the Mirage were selling @3000 a month.
    It's one way to get there broski.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hate share platform and all Nissan car are crap especially the one made in mexico.. (engine noise, rattle, bad fit and finish) If I want a Nissan I will go buy a Nissan, and I won't be on this Mitsubishi forum.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The new Mirage will get bigger, heavier, more complex, and more expensive. The end!
    That's what happened to the Scion xB, and that's why I bought the original 'small box' version, but never followed that with the larger version. Nissan isn't stupid and certainly won't break something that doesn't need fixing. I suspect we'll be able to buy small and fuel efficient Mirage's for quite a while.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was thinking about this too, it already looks like a compact Outlander. Bigger Wheels better suspension and they could just throw the engine in there from the Lancer. Mirage X

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Although I have to say current sales must not be too bad because we've been picking up quite a few new members lately.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Although I have to say current sales must not be too bad because we've been picking up quite a few new members lately.
    I put 35000 local miles on my car since I bought it last year this month. Before then I had never even seen a Mirage on the streets. There's about 10 Mirage owners that have popped up since I bought my car that I see on a weekly basis now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Same here, I've had my Mirage for about 18 months now and for the first year I only saw 1 other Mirage down here on the Southern Oregon Coast. But in the last 6 months I've seen 4 or 5 2017's on US101. Never been able to get a pic due to driving but I'm seeing more even though I'm 130 miles from the nearest dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)