Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's going to be a Nissan? Well, then once my 2019 dies then I guess I won't buy another one. I swear I get into cars too late in their product cycle... just like the Yaris I got really into them and poof they died. At least with my Corolla hatchback it just came out but god only knows if they'll axe it quick for some stupid reason now that I said that...

Also, sideways rear door handles on that thing? Dammit why?!?!?!

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah so it said it's getting bigger which means heavier which means less mileage(if it stays a basic gasoline engine without gimmicks) which means it will have to have complex gimmicks to get similar mileage or it will just get worse mileage.

I hope not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It'll be bigger, but I don't think it's going to be much bigger or heavier even with it based on the clio or micra, keep in mind that these cars are still b-segment cars, the same class an eg civic would be in. The outgoing clio topped out at 2361 lbs, and the new one that just came out(the one on the cmf-b platform) is supposed to be not quite as tall, so the probably the same weight. I'm just hoping they follow the clio and go shorter, I hate how pointlessly tall the current car is.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    It's going to be a Nissan? Well, then once my 2019 dies then I guess I won't buy another one. I swear I get into cars too late in their product cycle... just like the Yaris I got really into them and poof they died. At least with my Corolla hatchback it just came out but god only knows if they'll axe it quick for some stupid reason now that I said that...

Also, sideways rear door handles on that thing? Dammit why?!?!?!
    This is really bad for us. We just started getting people to make custom parts and now there's less reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by kzelisko View Post
    It'll be bigger, but I don't think it's going to be much bigger or heavier even with it based on the clio or micra, keep in mind that these cars are still b-segment cars, the same class an eg civic would be in. The outgoing clio topped out at 2361 lbs, and the new one that just came out(the one on the cmf-b platform) is supposed to be not quite as tall, so the probably the same weight. I'm just hoping they follow the clio and go shorter, I hate how pointlessly tall the current car is.
    Nah, its a typical product life cycle for many cars. Lots of sporty Japanese cars died out after becoming better and better, then becoming too expensive, then the US emissions. The Corolla eventually became like the old Camry, the Echo or Yaris became the new old Corolla, etc...
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    This is all speculation. Keep in mind that there has been no official announcement.

I see no need for despair. In the meantime, enjoy what is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Speculation is firming up that the car is sharing the Clio / Micra platform, and will debut later this year:
    Now that there is a living breathing clone Nissan-Mitsubishi mini-van, it seems inevitable there won't be any true new original Mitsubishi's, now that they are in a merger situation with Renault and Nissan. I figured that would be the case

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This is all speculation. Keep in mind that there has been no official announcement.

I see no need for despair. In the meantime, enjoy what is.
    I agree with Eggman on this one. Everything is speculation.

I never lose sight of the fact that the Mirage is a world car brought to the U.S. market. If the Mirage remains a world car, I will probably continue to like whatever comes out in the future. If the Mirage becomes a car made for the U.S. market (bigger, heavier, more expensive, small turbo engine with CVT only option), I will lose total interest in it.

I admire cars that never really lose their identity over time. It doesn't matter what generation of the car you are looking at, & you know what it is. Cars like the Golf, Beetle, & Soul come to mind. I would love to see the present Mirage become one of those cars, but I highly doubt that will happen. The merger of Mitsubishi with Renault & Nissan makes it even less likely.

In the end, none of this really matters to me that much. I am going to be content with my 2017 Mirage ES (manual) for another 10+ years easily. Unless something unforeseen comes up (accident), I don't see myself buying another small car any time soon.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree with Eggman on this one. Everything is speculation.

I never lose sight of the fact that the Mirage is a world car brought to the U.S. market. If the Mirage remains a world car, I will probably continue to like whatever comes out in the future. If the Mirage becomes a car made for the U.S. market (bigger, heavier, more expensive, small turbo engine with CVT only option), I will lose total interest in it.
    Speculation yes, but also clearly the direction the wind is blowing..

so set your sails for some funny Nissan/Mitsu Renault cars personally I think the Renault cars will be something worth looking into for a different car to replace my modestly aging lower kms 2014 Mirage manual

I think the newest Mitsu trucks might also be Nissan trucks and vice versa

Once they make a "Special Edition" Mirage you know they're tossing the Mirage, that's how the Lancer and the EVO left from the lineup in a year or two, or a "Mitsubishi year" - how they skip model years

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2020 Versa sedan to be unveiled next week. K14 platform = next G4?

Looks like Nissan is making an announcement next Friday in the States to reveal the next gen 2020 Versa sedan. It'll be at the "2019 Rock the Ocean's Tortuga Music Festival" in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Why is this important? Because it could also be the basis for the next gen Mirage G4 sedan. The debut of a sedan variant on the Micra/Clio platform supports the possibility that the Mirage could also use the platform. (Because up to now, we had no answer about where in the Nissan/Renault stable the G4 could come from.)

The K13 Versa sedan and Micra are based on the same platform, sharing drivetrains, suspensions, interior parts, etc.

Spy shots of the Versa sedan (called Almera in some countries) have been posted. It looks very conventional -- better in my opinion than the current Versa / G4 sedan, both of which have a slightly odd stance:

Name:  newversa02.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  48.4 KB

The biggest clue that this sedan is a K14 platform variant is from a couple of shots comparing the dashboard/cowl/A-pillars/door details to the new Euro Micra. Click through to this site and scroll down to near the bottom to compare the 2 pics:

http://www.headlightmag.com/spyshot-...a-almera-2019/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ...It looks very conventional -- better in my opinion than the current Versa / G4 sedan, both of which have a slightly odd stance...
    Agreed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)