Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we expect in the next [7th] generation Mirage? Micra platform Speculation

"Spring 2020" - arrival of first issan/Renault/Mitsu alliance vehicle in U.S.

In a comment relating to the potential for a Fiat/Chrysler/Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi partnership, RC Hill, a DeLand, Fla., Mitsubishi dealer for 15 years let slip:

“Currently, our U.S. Mitsubishi leadership seems very focused on getting things done in our market. Plus, we will see our first alliance vehicle next spring, which is very exciting for Mitsubishi dealers,” he said.
    This could very well be referring to the next Mirage. I'm not aware of any other products that close in the pipeline.

From: https://jalopnik.com/toyota-isnt-qui...yet-1835198145

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

2of9 (06-03-2019),Daox (06-03-2019),Tuques (06-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd be excited to see a turbocharged Mirage. Or even an "budget" friendly EV-Mirage. It'd be interesting to see what the next-gen Mirage will be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I would also like to see an all electric Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ... This could very well be referring to the next Mirage. I'm not aware of any other products that close in the pipeline.
    Autonews points to the next gen Outlander as alliance vehicle #1: "That vehicle, the next-generation Outlander crossover, shares a platform with the next-generation Nissan Rogue, a nameplate that has been one of the top-selling vehicles in the U.S. for several years, outselling Mitsubishi's entire lineup. But it's only the first step in a revival of Mitsubishi's aging products ..."

source: https://www.autonews.com/dealers/mit...ands-future-us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuques For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-04-2019)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I would also like to see an all electric Mirage.
    The i-Miev? xD
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Tuques View Post
    he next-generation Outlander crossover, shares a platform with the next-generation Nissan Rogue, a nameplate that has been one of the top-selling vehicles in the U.S.
    That makes more sense!

I was having a little trouble with the description of the dealer network being "very excited" about the arrival of the next gen Mirage. I COULD see them feeling that way about a new crossover/SUV, though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    The i-Miev? xD
    Well, a Mirage version, though they weren't very different. Have you driven one?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've driven an i-Miev! Almost bought it too until I heard the cost out of pocket for a new battery pack for it.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I've driven an i-Miev! Almost bought it too until I heard the cost out of pocket for a new battery pack for it.
    I've driven one too - there's one in my little city. If they had been as popular as the Leaf or Volt, I wouldn't have worried about battery replacement, since it would have been relatively easy to find a good pack from a wrecked car. But they're rare as hens' teeth.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I generally just trust stock Mitsubishi engines to last with proper maintenance. I have very little basis for that besides some probably bogus reports that the lancer was one of the most dependable cars in its day, and a general lack of horror stories. I think generally Mitsubishis are cheaply built, but they spend the R&D money to make them last. Subarus are the opposite in my estimation, being relatively premium but with some shortfalls when you look at the long-term dependability. I'd rather drive a Subaru but it's better to own a Mitsubishi...generalizing very broadly...until you need parts and then you might as well have bought a Daewoo .

Poor outward visibility is my problem with pretty much every Mitsubishi model, including Mirage, Eclipse cross, and Outlander Sport. Going back to Subarus, I would risk head gasket failure for the additional passive safety of being able to see.

Replying to Metro, I've got a neighbor who owns an iMiev in Milwaukee, and he loves it, but it is extremely quirky. things like the hood release being located in the passenger footwell, one just needs to get used to. I'd rather have that normal iMiev "shifter" though, than the dangerous gesture-based abortion that is the selector in my dad's Leaf, which they somehow kept for the 2nd generation without getting sued. If you need proof that Nissan hasn't been Japanese for a few years...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bzacon For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-05-2019)