Thread: My Mirage: 15k Update (Slight Key Warning Issue)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My Mirage: 15k Update (Slight Key Warning Issue)

Hi, everyone.

It's been since April 21st that I drove my silver 2015 Mirage off the lot. Since then, I've put about 15k miles on the engine and it has won a lot of hearts from my family and friends. I do oil changes every 5k miles sharp.

Since about 1,700 miles, I have noticed that the key chime goes off as if I've left the keys inside the vehicle. This happens when I open the vehicle door to get in or out, but sometimes, it doesn't happen for weeks. I know there is something wrong with it. But beyond that issue, which I still need to have fixed, this little kitten purrs beautifully. I would totally buy the car again if I had it to do over!

Any input on this is appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty joe For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-09-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty joe View Post
    Hi, everyone.

It's been since April 21st that I drove my silver 2015 Mirage off the lot. Since then, I've put about 15k miles on the engine and it has won a lot of hearts from my family and friends. I do oil changes every 5k miles sharp.

Since about 1,700 miles, I have noticed that the key chime goes off as if I've left the keys inside the vehicle. This happens when I open the vehicle door to get in or out, but sometimes, it doesn't happen for weeks. I know there is something wrong with it. But beyond that issue, which I still need to have fixed, this little kitten purrs beautifully. I would totally buy the car again if I had it to do over!

Any input on this is appreciated.
    I had an issue when I had my phone in the same pocket as the keyless remote. Could also be a low battery issue in the transmitter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-08-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I had an issue when I had my phone in the same pocket as the keyless remote. Could also be a low battery issue in the transmitter.
    I noticed this long ago as well. I thought my key fob was on the outs, then noticed it was always when I had my keys in the same pocket as the phone. More specifically when the phone was between the car and the keys.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaGoGo For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-09-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaGoGo View Post
    I noticed this long ago as well. I thought my key fob was on the outs, then noticed it was always when I had my keys in the same pocket as the phone. More specifically when the phone was between the car and the keys.
    Yah, that was exactly my experience also.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)