Thread: How can I remove the anti-glare cup/cap from within the headlights?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

How can I remove the anti-glare cup/cap from within the headlights?

As the title states, I would like to get rid of the anti-glare cup from within the headlights. I read in one of the threads that it is held on by a philips screw, I am wondering if it can be removed without taking apart the headlights? Let's even if it gets to that point, do I need to have the bumper removed to remove the headlights? Do they headlights need to be re-aimed once they're installed?

Why? Because I would like to install these mini H4 projectors that would require removal of the cup.

https://www.amazon.com/Rover-Project...ctor+Lens+Mini

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 604_guy View Post
    As the title states, I would like to get rid of the anti-glare cup from within the headlights. I read in one of the threads that it is held on by a philips screw, I am wondering if it can be removed without taking apart the headlights? Let's even if it gets to that point, do I need to have the bumper removed to remove the headlights? Do they headlights need to be re-aimed once they're installed?

Why? Because I would like to install these mini H4 projectors that would require removal of the cup.

https://www.amazon.com/Rover-Project...ctor+Lens+Mini
    Simple. You don't have to separate the headlights. Take off rubber boot, remove headlight bulb, and then there's one Phillips screw holding it in. Remove the screw while holding onto the glare shield. After screw is out, pull the glare shield out through the back of the headlight. You'll need to wiggle out, but it removes easily enough.

Edit: missed some info.

You don't need to remove your headlights... and you will need to re-aim them...

Last edited by Alex1a1f; 11-25-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    (blank signature)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-25-2016)