Thread: Mitsuko :: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsuko
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage G4 SE
    wine red
    CVT

Details

4 door Sedan
    Came with optional rear deck spoiler.

Black

15 inch alloy wheels, so much nicer than the standard wheel covers.

Comments: 9 / Views: 6596
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Hello Mitsuko and welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your G4 is super nice. I would have def went for the SE too and I think that color is the sharpest color in the G4 SE and GT Hatch. I also like the striped seat material, heated seats, and all the new piano black trim inside and on the steering wheel. Do you use the Apple Car Play and Android Auto? If so how is it? I have a loaded 2015 ES Hatch with Nav, Park Assist, Exterior Package, Chrome Package and more and when ai trade mine in a year or so I dont know if I would get the G4 SE or GT hatch I like them both.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was interested in a GT hatch, but there was only 1 here in stock at 3 dealerships. I didn't want the hassle of ordering one so I went for the G4. Glad I did, I hear the G4 rides better due to the longer wheelbase.

I have used Android Auto but not the Apple. I have an older iPhone for my work and not sure it is capable of connecting to the Car Play system. Android Auto works fine and I was able to sync my phone easily. I admit I have not used it a lot and some of it is still a mystery to me. My last car was 17 years old and I frankly have not messed with all the newer technology. What I have used, navigation, asking for directions, and playing music has been great.

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko View Post
    I was interested in a GT hatch, but there was only 1 here in stock at 3 dealerships. I didn't want the hassle of ordering one so I went for the G4. Glad I did, I hear the G4 rides better due to the longer wheelbase.

I have used Android Auto but not the Apple. I have an older iPhone for my work and not sure it is capable of connecting to the Car Play system. Android Auto works fine and I was able to sync my phone easily. I admit I have not used it a lot and some of it is still a mystery to me. My last car was 17 years old and I frankly have not messed with all the newer technology. What I have used, navigation, asking for directions, and playing music has been great.
    I do not blame you I would not want to order one either. I noticed the same thing at the dealer I go to (Five Star Mitsubishi, biggest dealer on the East Coast they say) only has 1 or 2 GT models but lots of base models in the G4 and Hatch but they have about 15 SE G4s. The better ride makes since and I would think better highway stability as well.

Glad to hear you are happy with your G4 and as ai said that is a great color! Keep us all posted on how you like it and how it drives as I know everyone on here will be interested to hear about this. Thanks!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    3 dealers here in KC area, only 2 GT models in stock, one black (which I looked at since it is at the dealer I used) and one Mercury Gray. I guess the big volume is in the ES and then the SE models. I went for G4SE or GT model since I wanted heated seats (I live in a condo in the city and do not have covered parking) and I wanted alloy wheels. The steel wheels with the Dollar Store covers are not my thing!

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

How Is Your Mirage G4 Treating You

Well I am getting a 2017 Mirage G4 SE in Wine Red with Rear Spoiler lol. I have a 2015 Mirage ES and love it so ai am going to upgrade. I just wanted to see how you are liking yours. It was between a Black GT or this but I could not pass up the price on the G4 ($18,115.00 marked down to $12,714.00) plus it has the lighter interir which ai love (only me in the car). Name:  IMG_6008.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  87.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    WOW! A bargain. I paid $14,000 with an $18,000 sticker. I love the G4. I have not driven a hatch much, just a short test drive when they first came out, but I enjoy the space in the G4 with the longer wheel base. I just saw 39.2 mpg in city recently so it has the same great mileage. I have secure parking, but is not covered and I do park in city a lot, so I like my luggage and such away from prying eyes so I appreciate the spacious trunk too. You already know all the Mirage quirks and fine points, so you won't have some of the what??? moments I had getting used to the CVT and the engine.

The lack of lights in the interior has been my biggest problem. I bought some remote control, stick on LED lights from Costco and they have been a great help in illuminating the foot wells and the glove box. Replaced the standard dome light with an LED too.

Funny, I considered a black GT as well! They are rare birds it seems, dealers here have maybe 1-2 in stock.

Enjoy your G4!

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awsome! They seem so roomy inside its amazing and that color is great. Yea I remember getting used to the CVT in mine at first lol. Yea they had a Black GT for $13,100.00 that was originally $17,795.00 but the Wine Red got me! Glad to hear you like yours and Icwill be picking mine up Monday. Yea I wish the Window Switches and Door Lock Buttons lit up would be my main thing and I will be ordering the Mirsubishi Center Console Arm Rest like I have in my hatch that I put in I love it.

WOW! A bargain. I paid $14,000 with an $18,000 sticker. I love the G4. I have not driven a hatch much, just a short test drive when they first came out, but I enjoy the space in the G4 with the longer wheel base. I just saw 39.2 mpg in city recently so it has the same great mileage. I have secure parking, but is not covered and I do park in city a lot, so I like my luggage and such away from prying eyes so I appreciate the spacious trunk too. You already know all the Mirage quirks and fine points, so you won't have some of the what??? moments I had getting used to the CVT and the engine.

The lack of lights in the interior has been my biggest problem. I bought some remote control, stick on LED lights from Costco and they have been a great help in illuminating the foot wells and the glove box. Replaced the standard dome light with an LED too.

Funny, I considered a black GT as well! They are rare birds it seems, dealers here have maybe 1-2 in stock.

Enjoy your G4!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Sorry Mitsuko!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)