Thread: Factory Mic to after market Radio?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Factory Mic to after market Radio?

My pioneer has a 3.5 mic Jack. Is there a way to cut a dongle 3.5 Jack Cable and solder the two wires to the Factory mic some where to still use it or is it more involved then this getting it to work? Where would I find the wires located at for this?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Not sure what year Mirage you are talking about as your forum garage is empty. Otherwise, I'd look!

In any case I'm pretty sure the microphone, if equipped, is wired to the hands-free module.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay thanks garage has been updated so I just locate the hands-free module and I can jump the feed from there for the microphone?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I wish I could tell you that it would be compatible but I have not experience with it. Sorry. I wouldn't want to steer you wrong, you know?

Let us know how it goes for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I am able to, I am half tempted to get an audio processor, wire up the oem headunit to it, and then to my amp from the audio processor. Tune it all up with my SMD-DD1 and see what happens. The OEM unit has bluetooth and voice so I feel like there is no need for an aftermarket unit unless you go video (which to me, you don't need video, maybe the nav would be nice but #cellphone....)