Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia - new Mirage fuel economy ratings

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Australia - new Mirage fuel economy ratings

I have sent an email to Mitsubishi Australia asking for them to send me the fuel economy ratings for the urban, extra urban (higher speed but not highway speed) ratings as the only figure printed sofar is the combined rating of the 2 test. As an example the Suzuki Alto sold here has a combined rating of 4.5l/100klm urban at 5.5l/100klm and extra urban at 3.9l/100klm. I would think that if the mirage sold in Aus has the lower Cd like 0.27-0.29 i would think
    it should have an extra urban rating of 3.9l-3.6l/100klm.

Hope this helps for now until we get propper numbers.

Jamie

---

ADMIN edit: see also 2013/2014 Mirage mpg / fuel economy ratings by country (Space Star also)

That would be excellent. It's a bit odd that they didn't include the other figures if they provided the combined value.

EDIT: FYI, I also asked Mitsu Canada whether the car had been through our fuel economy tests yet. Though the PR person answered a few other questions in my email, he ignored the one about fuel economy. We should know more on Thurs when all is revealed for the official Canadian debut.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    We have this green vehicle guide that has the fuel economy ratings for cars sold in Australia and the Mirage is not yet on the list maybe as it is not yet for sale.Anyday now anyday http://www.greenvehicleguide.gov.au/...skWebForm.aspx

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I just got an email from Mitsu Aus that says.

The first 2 columns refer to figures for the ES and Sport models in manual/auto transmission, whilst the latter 2 refer to the LS model manual/auto transmission.

L/100klm
    Combined --4.6 4.6 4.8 4.9
    Urban ------5.7 5.5 5.9 5.6
    Extra Urban 3.9 4.1 4.1 4.4

L/100 km ES & Sport
    5-speed manual
    ES & Sport
    CVT automatic
    LS
    5-speed manual
    LS
    CVT automatic
    Combined 4.6 4.6 4.8 4.9
    Urban 5.7 5.5 5.9 5.6
    Extra Urban 3.9 4.1 4.1 4.4

Hope that makes sense

So i would say that column 1 is ES & Sport manual colomn 2 is ES & sport auto
    column 3 LS manual column 4 is LS auto.
    Last edited by jamiec; 01-17-2013 at 04:52 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamiec For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-17-2013),MetroMPG (01-17-2013)

Nice digging - I'm going to split this off into a new thread to make the Oz info more prominent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Jamie - I updated your post with a table to make it easier to figure out. Did I sort it out right?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Very good Metro thats much better i just posted up how Mitsu emailed it to me thought they would have done something like you did.

I wonder why the top line LS has the worst fuel consumption.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I wondered about that myself Metro. Maybe the larger 15in alloy wheels? Also the LS might have a different rear spoiler. The brocher i was given yesterday list the ES sport as having a (Body colour rear spoiler with high mount stop lamp) and the listing for the LS says (Body colour roof spolier with high mount stop lamp) and this is all on the same page. As i have not seen the LS spec cars yet i can not say if they both use the same spoiler or not.
    I will report back when i find out.

Cheers Jamie
    Last edited by jamiec; 01-20-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Ah - good eye. Yes that spoiler might be part of it - I've seen an "upswept" optional spoiler (bad for economy) in a brochure somewhere.

It may be a case of that, plus the upscale car may be heavier. Adding 100 lbs of equipment to an 1850 lb car is going to show up in the fuel economy, where it'll be harder to detect in a 3500 lb vehicle.