Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ahh, forgot about the center-bore issue... dang. One more number to watch.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2018 G4 with the 15" dark chrome alloy wheels. Does anyone know what the weight for these wheels are? I am possibly looking for different wheels. Maybe something lighter.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    I have a 2018 G4 with the 15" dark chrome alloy wheels. Does anyone know what the weight for these wheels are? I am possibly looking for different wheels. Maybe something lighter.
    The Konig Heliums are really light. But I can't guarantee strength against pot holes.

I had a bunch of large water bottles in the back of my Mirage after a trip to Business Costco. It seems to have rubbed on my upper tire wall on the driver side rear wheel. I did stiffen up to suspension to about 8-10 out of 16, 1 being stiffest. Make sure to stiffen up that suspension all the way if you're going to carry heavy stuff.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    ...2018 G4 with 15"...alloy wheels. Does anyone know what the weight for these wheels are?
    The 14x4.5 alloy wheels on my 2015 weighed 13 lbs. The wheels on your G4 are 15x4.5. So it's probably a safe assumption that they weigh approximately 15 lbs. I don't think anyone with 15" factory wheels has ever weighed them and posted results here.

There aren't a lot of 15" wheels out there that are lighter than 15 lbs...but you can find them. Tire Rack is a good place to shop where they actually tell you what the wheels weigh. Discount Tire on the other hand...they carry some decent wheels but they don't tell you how much the weigh! Many aftermarket wheels are heavier than you think...so be careful shopping if reducing weight is your goal.

If you aren't changing tire sizes, then the width of the wheel is another concern. Most 15" aftermarket wheels are either 6.5 or 7" wide. The 175-55-15 tires on your car are a tad small for 6.5" wide wheels...and you probably don't want to try mounting them on 7" wide wheels...unless you like that "stretched" look.

Some of us are running Konig Helium 15x6.5 wheels. These weigh about 11.2 lbs. Enkei RPF1 (15x7) weigh 10 lbs.

If you want a lighter 15" wheel and you want to keep your stock 175-55-15 tires, these Mini Cooper wheels only weigh 12 lbs and they are only 5" wide...a perfect size for your stock tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if you could fit a 15x8 inch wheel without rubbing? I got a steal on bbs super rs wheels and don't know if they'll fit my car. The aren't delivered yet and wont be for about 2 weeks so just wanted to know if anybody's tried to fit 15x8's. thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becauserallycar View Post
    Does anyone know if you could fit a 15x8 inch wheel without rubbing?
    15x8's are going to be a handful. Something is going to rub unless you roll and/or pull the rear fenders out a little. For the most part, you can't even get 15x7's to work on a Mirage without rolling the rear fenders a little bit. What tire were you thinking about using...and what is the offset of the wheel?

See pics in this thread: 15 x 8 Wheels on a Mirage

Also check this thread: Will It Fit: 15x8-25
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 08-25-2018 at 05:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becauserallycar View Post
    Does anyone know if you could fit a 15x8 inch wheel without rubbing? I got a steal on bbs super rs wheels and don't know if they'll fit my car. The aren't delivered yet and wont be for about 2 weeks so just wanted to know if anybody's tried to fit 15x8's. thanks
    You might be the first to try. Looking forward to some pictures.

That'll be interesting because those rims are almost twice as wide as the originals.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can't just say "15x8". What's the offset?

15x7 with 35mm offset fits the car just fine, BUT... 195 tires on that wheel will rub the rear fender.

So, taken that info, 15x8 with a 35 offset would do exactle the same. The big benefit of a wider wheel is to run a wider tire. You wouldn't be able to do that on the rear of the Mirage without some significant fender work. The front has a little more clearance.

A more positive offset, like a 30 or 25 would make the fender clearance problem WORSE. (and you couldn't fix it with a spacer)

A more negative offset, like a 38 or 40 would improve the fender clearance, and put you closer to the inside. (but, you could make a slight adjustment with a spacer)

You can't simply not consider the offset variable.
    Simplify and add lightness.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (08-25-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So the offset is 23. By going off what you said I'm probably gonna just flip the rims to one of my civic friends. I dont want to rework my fenders or buy a flair kit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, would be hard to get a 23 offset to work on the Mirage.

Simplify and add lightness.