Thread: Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    ...Does anyone else think about what rim & tire combo might actually improve on the Mirage fuel economy?
    I wonder about the tires more than the wheels. I wish there was a rating system for low rolling resistance tires in the US. In other words, we can't compare the efficiency of 2 different car tires that are classified as LRR. On a side note...there is a rating system for commercial truck tires!?!

Enasaves are generally considered the most efficient low rolling resistance option. But after seeing the mileage I'm getting from 15" Bridgestone Ecopias, I'm thinking that there could be better LRR options out there...even if it means going to a larger wheel.

Are you guys familiar with European tire labels? In Europe, every tire comes with a special label that rates it from A-G on fuel efficiency and wet traction. You can read more about them HERE. This might be the only way we have to directly compare 2 LRR tires against eachother.

Name:  tire_label.jpg
Views: 2055
Size:  54.6 KB

It would be interesting to see how Enasaves are rated in Europe as opposed to some other mainstream LRR tires like Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, etc. I haven't had much luck trying to do this by surfing European tire websites. I wonder if there's something like the Tire Rack in Europe?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-06-2017),Eggman (01-06-2017),inuvik (01-04-2017)