Thread: A/C takes 20 min to blow cold air

Country
    United States
    Thanks

A/C takes 20 min to blow cold air

Hello folks,
    So my '15 mirage has 21,000 miles on it. A few weeks ago I noticed that the a/c takes a long time to get cold....Like about 20 minutes! It happens in the morning after it sits overnight. Weird thing is that when I put on recirculation, it blows pretty cold, but then on regular a/c it goes back to being warm. I took it to the dealer but they could not duplicate the problem. The dealer is about 40 min from where I live and by the time I get there it blows cold again. I can hear the compressor engage but the air isn't cold! The temp outside is only about 50 degrees as I'm on West coast. I can say that I'm not impressed with Mitsubishi dealer as they are complete idiot's over here. Please help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Hello eco1.2. From what you are describing it sounds as if your AC compressor is functioning, which is a good thing. It sounds to me as there is something else happening with the dampers or damper controls.

I wonder if the auto climate control is part of this? The lowest temperature that can be selected is 61, right? If outside air temperature is 50 degrees, maybe the auto climate control won't activate the AC at cooler outside temps.

The service manual has procedures to check various components. Some checks require special tools. Some checks can be done yourself without special tools. Do you have a copy of the service manual?

The automatic air conditioning controls have the AC compressor cycling as factory default. It's not a frequent point of failure, but a few forum members have reported a failed compressor. One of the first things I did when I got my Mirage in the driveway was to turn off the auto AC compressor operation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    Hello folks,
    So my '15 mirage has 21,000 miles on it. A few weeks ago I noticed that the a/c takes a long time to get cold....Like about 20 minutes! It happens in the morning after it sits overnight. Weird thing is that when I put on recirculation, it blows pretty cold, but then on regular a/c it goes back to being warm. I took it to the dealer but they could not duplicate the problem. The dealer is about 40 min from where I live and by the time I get there it blows cold again. I can hear the compressor engage but the air isn't cold! The temp outside is only about 50 degrees as I'm on West coast. I can say that I'm not impressed with Mitsubishi dealer as they are complete idiot's over here. Please help.
    Just trying to verify some info. It's 50 degrees outside and you want cold air to blow out your vents?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flatbroke For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
    Just trying to verify some info. It's 50 degrees outside and you want cold air to blow out your vents?
    I like super cold in my car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the owners manual, but not a service manual (or are you talking about a difference without distinction?)
    Thank you for the info, I'll look into it!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the owners manual, but not a service manual (or are you talking about a difference without distinction?)
    Thank you for the info, I'll look into it!
    I'm talking about the service manual. The owner's manual is handy too.

Try browsing mmc-manuals.ru for a copy of the service manual and more. Let us know how things work out for you.

Hope this helps.

Now is a great time to enter your car in your forum's garage.

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like super cold in my car
    Then this might somehow be related to the automatic climate controls.