Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Winter Driving Review

  1. #21
    Junior Member Cagalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Halifax
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Name:  15541336_10211491168654175_1848798245099582707_n.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  56.2 KB

    i love mine in the snow. i go most places awd cars dont
    a foot or more of snow and im still razing around in parking lots
    165/65/14 DUNLOP - WINTER MAXX



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cagalli For This Useful Post:

    MetroMPG (05-02-2017)

  3. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    33
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    My 2015 Mirage DE with CVT has the PTC fuse block. However, when I traced, no wires leave the fuse block. No heavy gauge wires to glove box area either. I purchased a DC ammeter to put on the feed to fuse block for PTC heaters, nothing, no amp draw. Conditions were 19F full blast heat set to 89F. My model is apparently missing the options?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)


  4. #23
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio ☼
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    5,755
    Thanks
    3,094
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    My 2015 Mirage DE with CVT has the PTC fuse block. However, when I traced, no wires leave the fuse block. No heavy gauge wires to glove box area either. I purchased a DC ammeter to put on the feed to fuse block for PTC heaters, nothing, no amp draw. Conditions were 19F full blast heat set to 89F. My model is apparently missing the options?
    Premeir620, what year and trim level Mirage do you have? It would be helpful if you made a forum Garage entry.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.6 mpg (Imp)


  5. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    33
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    2015 Mirage DE trim with CVT

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Premeir620, what year and trim level Mirage do you have? It would be helpful if you made a forum Garage entry.
    Please see above threads DE model with a CVT. Seems wires just dead end in fuse block, no exit of heavy gauge wire to any sort of heaters

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)


  6. #25
    Senior Member Alex1a1f's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    672
    Thanked 644 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    Please see above threads DE model with a CVT. Seems wires just dead end in fuse block, no exit of heavy gauge wire to any sort of heaters
    Dumb question.. I assume you have auto climate? I think all did before 17 but just wondering.
    (blank signature)

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    33
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Auto climate

    Yes I have auto climate. This was the reason that I went looking for the elements because heat seems no faster than our Nissan Altima. The engine almost fully warm or 5 min before heat gets luke warm

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)


  8. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    idaho
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    so glad to know it can do well in snow that was a concern for me I sometimes struggle here in idaho and want an awd subaru etc. but at the moment we have a very nice prius as the family car that needs paid off first. Prius does ok in snow hoping your right and my driving abilities do well in this little car in snow

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,032
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 362 Times in 274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdollatari View Post
    so glad to know it can do well in snow that was a concern for me I sometimes struggle here in idaho and want an awd subaru etc. but at the moment we have a very nice prius as the family car that needs paid off first. Prius does ok in snow hoping your right and my driving abilities do well in this little car in snow
    You want an AWD Subaru, but you are looking at a Mirage. That really doesn't add up?

    What's your goal here? Do you want an AWD vehicle or a small economy car to compliment your Prius?

    I own a 2011 Forester 2.5X manual & a 2017 Mirage ES manual. They are very different vehicles. I wouldn't really compare them to each other. A Mirage with snow tires will holds its own in the snow, but it's not going to match the performance of a Subaru with snow tires.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-17-2019 at 06:37 PM.

  10. #29
    Senior Member Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 198 Times in 108 Posts
    My Mirage is still awesome in the snow after 2 winters driving it.
    Check out my latest project........

    Mullet's Skoolie Build

  11. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    First winter with my 2019 Mirage 5 speed ES and It does really well in the snow. Went through a foot last night into a driveway with the traction control turned off. Its not a Jeep but it is pretty predictable in the snow. It does have limitations of course but it is also no slouch on the roads. Its mostly because of good distribution of weight and thin tires.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •