a foot or more of snow and im still razing around in parking lots
    165/65/14 DUNLOP - WINTER MAXX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cagalli For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My 2015 Mirage DE with CVT has the PTC fuse block. However, when I traced, no wires leave the fuse block. No heavy gauge wires to glove box area either. I purchased a DC ammeter to put on the feed to fuse block for PTC heaters, nothing, no amp draw. Conditions were 19F full blast heat set to 89F. My model is apparently missing the options?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    My 2015 Mirage DE with CVT has the PTC fuse block. However, when I traced, no wires leave the fuse block. No heavy gauge wires to glove box area either. I purchased a DC ammeter to put on the feed to fuse block for PTC heaters, nothing, no amp draw. Conditions were 19F full blast heat set to 89F. My model is apparently missing the options?
    Premeir620, what year and trim level Mirage do you have? It would be helpful if you made a forum Garage entry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2015 Mirage DE trim with CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Premeir620, what year and trim level Mirage do you have? It would be helpful if you made a forum Garage entry.
    Please see above threads DE model with a CVT. Seems wires just dead end in fuse block, no exit of heavy gauge wire to any sort of heaters

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    Please see above threads DE model with a CVT. Seems wires just dead end in fuse block, no exit of heavy gauge wire to any sort of heaters
    Dumb question.. I assume you have auto climate? I think all did before 17 but just wondering.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Auto climate

Yes I have auto climate. This was the reason that I went looking for the elements because heat seems no faster than our Nissan Altima. The engine almost fully warm or 5 min before heat gets luke warm

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    so glad to know it can do well in snow that was a concern for me I sometimes struggle here in idaho and want an awd subaru etc. but at the moment we have a very nice prius as the family car that needs paid off first. Prius does ok in snow hoping your right and my driving abilities do well in this little car in snow

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdollatari View Post
    so glad to know it can do well in snow that was a concern for me I sometimes struggle here in idaho and want an awd subaru etc. but at the moment we have a very nice prius as the family car that needs paid off first. Prius does ok in snow hoping your right and my driving abilities do well in this little car in snow
    You want an AWD Subaru, but you are looking at a Mirage. That really doesn't add up?

What's your goal here? Do you want an AWD vehicle or a small economy car to compliment your Prius?

I own a 2011 Forester 2.5X manual & a 2017 Mirage ES manual. They are very different vehicles. I wouldn't really compare them to each other. A Mirage with snow tires will holds its own in the snow, but it's not going to match the performance of a Subaru with snow tires.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-17-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Mirage is still awesome in the snow after 2 winters driving it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    First winter with my 2019 Mirage 5 speed ES and It does really well in the snow. Went through a foot last night into a driveway with the traction control turned off. Its not a Jeep but it is pretty predictable in the snow. It does have limitations of course but it is also no slouch on the roads. Its mostly because of good distribution of weight and thin tires.