Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Alignment Problem FAQ

If it helps, we only had an alignment check 1 of the 38 Mirage's we have here at work here. We got it checked (at our cost) by an independent shop cause the rear wheels looked off, turned out to be fine and the tires all wear fine if they are rotated regularly. Had the rear axle been bent we would have taken it to the dealer and request they fix it and reimburse us for the cost of the alignment.
    I can see how many dealers don't want the hassle since most Mitsubishi dealers (at least around here) are small and have to farm out alignments so they'd have to pay someone to drive the car there and back as well as cover the cost of the alignment on a car that probably doesn't have a problem in the first place.
    If it's a good deal and it's the car you want I say go for it as long as you're happy.
    And congrats on being a dad soon!

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Congratulations!

I hope the dealer isn't taking advantage of your situation! Sorry this hasn't been working out for you. As a Mirage owner and enthusiast, I sing high praises of these affordable, reliable cars. In the end, you need a car you can be comfortable with as I'm sure you don't want to bring any more headaches into your world, and allow you to focus on your family.

Many forum members here have had thousands of worry-free miles from their Mirage. I'm sure there are some out there with problems that aren't active here. For some, the Mirage doesn't work - too small, not enough this or that. I get it - the Mirage isn't for everyone.

I think you've been on the forum enough to get a sense of what's a reasonable price for a Mirage.

You'll know the right car for you when it comes along. Here's wishing you and your family all the best. Let us know what we can do to help - but in the end, you are in the best position to know what's right for you.

You are very Kind My understanding is that they will no longer offer the SE trim in hatchback form with the manual transmission. For me, it is a deal breaker. I think I can warm up to the color options available more locally.

But ultimately I wanted a blue SE hatch 5 speed. Or Mercury grey. I would be even happy with red wine. If there is one of these under 11k new somewhere... let me know?

I need to think about the experience I have had with this dealership a bit. Weird responses to having the alignment checked out. The salesman took a week to find out what the heated seats would cost to get done and how much all weather mats were. When I drove the car it had a bad battery and the lights pulsed the whole time. They wanted me to sign the papers before addressing the battery. That is a good 4-5 days "after" the test drive when I asked that he get that sorted before I come back to re-test the car and likely buy it. Very odd to me. Semi Shady.

I have to admit, I have been much more impressed with the folks at Kia and the owners report very low running costs. Anyway, I love the Mirage.. I hope it works out.
    Last edited by djkenny; 11-13-2017 at 02:57 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djkenny For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This salesman has been really Shady. I am keeping the Text Messages. I plan to call a Rep if he changes the price or anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Take car on test drive to an auto parts store and have the battery tested for free. Get the voltage AND load tested. It's all free.

The mirage battery is super old school. Like a power sports battery it has the little fill plugs for water or acid to be topped off.
    Once it goes I'm going maintenance free immediately.

I have not really heard of any 17s having axle issues but I think maybe one person? Very very rare on 17s

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My rear toe failed alignment. Mitsu dealer denying any such problem and told me go

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Every Mirage owner should read the Rear Wheel Misaligned thread...but it’s 100+ pages long!

So I created a FAQ to help people understand the problem without having to read 1000+ posts.

If you don’t read anything else, read this…

IF YOU OWN A MIRAGE, GO GET A 4-WHEEL ALIGNMENT CHECK...NOW!

NOTE: If you have alignment data to share, keep posting to the thread above so this one doesn’t explode. I will make summary updates here.

Now here’s everything you need to know about the Mirage rear alignment problem…
    My rear toe is way out of spec. Dealer is denying any such problem exists

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)

See point #27 in the FAQ,above. Mitsubishi corporate is well aware of this issue, even if none of your dealer's customers have had the work done yet. .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    My rear toe is way out of spec. Dealer is denying any such problem exists
    I'm confused. You have previously posted the following...

Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    ...just purchased car certified pre-owned.
    ...was just aligned by dealer, my wheel now points to 2 o clock right of center
    ...Independent alignment shop found steering thrust angle out of spec.
    ...Tbe printout shows basically all green zeros now.
    ...Car rides great wheel on center
    Do you have an alignment printout showing your rear toe is out of specification?

Did you purchase your car from a Mitsubishi dealer or some other make? Who have you talked with so far to resolve this...the dealership that sold you the car or a Mitsubishi dealer (if they are different)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm confused. You have previously posted the following...

Do you have an alignment printout showing your rear toe is out of specification?

Did you purchase your car from a Mitsubishi dealer or some other make? Who have you talked with so far to resolve this...the dealership that sold you the car or a Mitsubishi dealer (if they are different)?
    Yes it was feom a Mitsubishi and Honda dealer. The rear shows red. I wish I knew how to attach the printout. When I called them on it, the service manager got defensive like I was accusing them of lying about the problem. It is 1.8 out of spec on right and .51 out of spec on left rear
    They basically say "nothing is wrong and it passed, however printout shows fail"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The printoutName:  15157253513171071198817.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  83.8 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Even though car tracks straight now, see below printout, rear clearly failed