Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rear Alignment Problem FAQ

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I plan on it! :-)
    In Iowa but I'm not sure anyone around here is nice enough to do it for free.
    I would probably do it myself if it we're summer with my setup for my Miata. :-)
    Just had another few inches of snow and a -30F wind chill and no garage! Lol

I'll be sure to update numbers when I get them. So far the 45 minute drive home last night with massive gusts of wind was pretty great. I am reminded of my Cadillac DeVille from the steering assist.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  20190409_102608.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  91.2 KB
    I got this yesterday for my 2018 ES. Apparently it is very within specs. Aside from it not being out of whack, is this at all surprising or worrisome to anyone?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Not worrying at all. Sounds like great news.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Dark Magenta (04-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    I would say that it's moderately unusual that your front end was aligned within specs. It's unusual that someone posts a 4-wheel alignment where the front and rear are both within spec. So congrats on getting a good one from the factory!

Name:  align.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  63.6 KB

I had to rotate your image so I didn't go cross-eyed...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dark Magenta (04-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I got this yesterday for my 2018 ES. Apparently it is very within specs.
    Nice. Even nicer that it is from an independent shop and not the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dark Magenta (04-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thought I'd post my near new 2019 ES results. My front and rear were both off. They fixed the front, but obviously the rear is not adjustable. Working with mitsubishi now to move forward on a fix. Based on the experience on the forum, is my rear far enough out of spec where they will cover it?

Thanks again for this thread, I would have had no idea to check on a new vehicle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Well, it shouldn't be a question really. Its not within specifications, period. So, something should be done.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrilo View Post
    Thought I'd post my near new 2019 ES results. My front and rear were both off.
    Give yourself credit for taking your new car in for an alignment check. Many people would consider that a waste of time. Obviously it's paying off for you. It's somewhat discouraging that 2019 models are still showing up with alignment problems.

You're in a bit of a tough spot. Your right rear is slightly toed out (unusual because most of the time the rear wheels are toed in when they are out of spec). Anyway...it's possible they could put a new rear axle in and it might not fix your problem...or it could make it worse. I think I'd take that gamble and see what happens. Let us know what the dealer says.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I installed Eibach lowering springs and got an alignment check
    Name:  after springs before alignment.jpg
Views: 2605
Size:  47.8 KB

They did what they could without using shims or camber bolts
    Name:  after springs after alignment.jpg
Views: 2051
Size:  33.9 KB

I'm sorry about the quality. If I knew they were going to take a "screen shot" with a camera, I would have asked for a paper copy...I may go back for one.

I'm not very concerned about the camber because rotating and I don't intend to use wider tires (tell me if I should be concerned). I am more concerned about the rear toe...partly because I have less of an understanding of toe than I do camber and because if you scroll up a few posts, you can see that it wasn't a problem before lowering. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post85598 The shop wanted a bunch of money (my opinion) to use shims and camber bolts. They said it could be done (I've heard the rear is not adjustable???), how hard is it?

Recommendations for specific shims and bolts?
    Last edited by Dark Magenta; 10-22-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Smile Just wondering??

I was just wondering if anyone on the forum who is following the thread on rear alignment issues could answer my question? I recently took my Mirage(2019) to the dealer where I bought it from to have maintenance done, and have the alignment adjusted due to some feathering wear on the front tires. The rear toe was found to be well within specs, so no issue there. The front needed the toe adjusted (Now toe on the front is 0,0 and total toe is 0) The Camber was out on the right side ( it initially was -1.1) The tech set the left side Camber to a final setting of -0.3 on the left, and -0.7 on the right. What would be the reason for setting this to such a difference from the left to the right? As an aside, the rear total toe was-0.15 and the Thrust angle was 0.0. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!