Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest pet peeve of the Mirage? (Annoyances)

Mine has heated mirrors and heated seats! Wanna trade? You'll have to cover shipping though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Mine has heated mirrors and heated seats! Wanna trade? You'll have to cover shipping though.
    I have heated seats, two settings, well three, low, high and off but strangely no heated mirrors. Puzzling.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have heated seats too, when my bum warms them up.

If you need heated seats make sure not to burn your dress on them lmao

I haven't yet. It always gets caught in the door though. One of the bonuses of having a cvt, I get to use either washroom and don't bothered.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-09-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    5th gear is not tall enough for American highways.
    The difference between the CVT and 5mt @65mph is astronomical. What was Mitsu thinking? All 5mt drivers would always be driving around with 4 250lb. adults and luggage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (02-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love my 2017 Mirage SE. I am very happy my car and will definately buy another when it comes time. I have only two pet peeves.

My first pet peeve is the way the back seat folds down. The longer fold down section is on the left side behind the drivers seat and the smaller section is on the right. I would prefer to have the long fold down section on the right side. When folded down, I could then fold the back of the front passenger seat down and better utilize the space between the passenger door on the right and the drivers seat on the left. For you folks with the right hand drive Mirage, this isn't a problem since the larger section is on your passenger side.

My second pet peeve is the thin sheet metal used in the outer shell of the body. It dents so easily. I would rather have a little more weight and a little less gas mileage for thicker steel panels. Someone had leaned against the rear piller that connects the roof to the rear quarter panel, and actually left a small shallow dent. Then there are the dents from careless people in parking lots, opening their car doors too wide and putting dents in my Mirage panels. Unfortunately, my front right fender now has a sizable dent because of this. I find myself parking my car far away from other vehicles in the parking lot now. Sure it's a long walk from the car, but I dismiss it as needed exercise.
    Last edited by MirageSEFan; 02-12-2020 at 10:06 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

itschad (02-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    My second pet peeve is the thin sheet metal used in the outer shell of the body. It dents so easily. I would rather have a little more weight and a little less gas mileage for thicker steel panels. Someone had leaned against the rear piller that connects the roof to the rear quarter panel, and actually left a small shallow dent. Then there are the dents from careless people in parking lots, opening their car doors too wide and putting dents in my Mirage panels. Unfortunately, my front right fender now has a sizable dent because of this. I find myself parking my car far away from other vehicles in the parking lot now. Sure it's a long walk from the car, but I dismiss it as needed exercise.
    I park by pillars and trees in the parking lot for this reason alone. I don't mind walking further to avoid getting dents in my car door. That applies to any care I'm driving, not just the Mirage. Some people do it on accident, while others are careless. Also helps to park by nicer high-end cars that you know the owner wouldn't want to chip their door paint being reckless.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll be coming up on 3 years of ownership this summer and, somewhat amazingly, my complaints are just starting now:

- I hit the 2 year mark and the glovebox and trim under the climate control now buzz
    - About a month ago, I started getting an annoying whistling noise above 35 mph from the driver's side front window.
    - I echo everyone's sentiments about the proprietary TPMS. Mine is on AGAIN despite the tires being at 40 PSI.
    - My auto up/down on for the driver's window seems to be temperamental. It didn't work this morning, but works this afternoon.
    - Last, and most definitely not least, the driver's seat comfort is bad. Like, one of the worst I've ever owned of the 22 cars I've owned since 1996. I'm probably going to buy some sort of seat pad for it. It's my butt and thighs that really get sore after not much time.

I really like a lot about this car, but these are my annoyances.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-13-2020),inuvik (02-13-2020)

^ 6-way adjustable seat, or 4-way?

I find the 6-way makes a big difference.

I've added thigh support to the cushions of my last couple of econoboxes. But my Mirage (6-way) seems OK.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I'll be coming up on 3 years of ownership this summer and, somewhat amazingly, my complaints are just starting now:

- I hit the 2 year mark and the glovebox and trim under the climate control now buzz
    - About a month ago, I started getting an annoying whistling noise above 35 mph from the driver's side front window.
    - I echo everyone's sentiments about the proprietary TPMS. Mine is on AGAIN despite the tires being at 40 PSI.
    - My auto up/down on for the driver's window seems to be temperamental. It didn't work this morning, but works this afternoon.
    - Last, and most definitely not least, the driver's seat comfort is bad. Like, one of the worst I've ever owned of the 22 cars I've owned since 1996. I'm probably going to buy some sort of seat pad for it. It's my butt and thighs that really get sore after not much time.

I really like a lot about this car, but these are my annoyances.
    bambo memory foam pad saved my life with this car

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (02-14-2020)