Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest pet peeve of the Mirage? (Annoyances)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Maybe it's just me but my pet peeve is A pillars that are too wide/thick.
    I must look weird in parking lots as I do the Egyptian head side to side deal to see if a pedestrian is hiding
    behind my P-side a pillar....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Shiny interior trim is all so one of my pet peeves of mine

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I tell ya what really gives me a raging hard on, the fact a new CVT7 cost over 5 grand. Nissan's Versa CVT is under 4k. What the jiminy crickets yall? They both use Jatco units! And lemme tell you, trying to source out a used transmission is especially hard considering the 2014 Model has two different CVTs. One to 4-1-14 and a different one after said date, oh and no interchangeability with 2015-2019s either. A 2015 can interchange CVTs with 2017 and up, but the 2014 is on an island.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I tell ya what really gives me a raging hard on, the fact a new CVT7 cost over 5 grand. Nissan's Versa CVT is under 4k. What the jiminy crickets yall? They both use Jatco units! And lemme tell you, trying to source out a used transmission is especially hard considering the 2014 Model has two different CVTs. One to 4-1-14 and a different one after said date, oh and no interchangeability with 2015-2019s either. A 2015 can interchange CVTs with 2017 and up, but the 2014 is on an island.
    You can be the guinea pig. If/when you're piles up then grab a 17' cvt and see if it works.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-20-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You can be the guinea pig. If/when you're piles up then grab a 17' cvt and see if it works.
    Fummins, considering the CVT7 on a 2014 is 99% the same as on a 2015 unit, couldnt a skilled transmission shop make it work in your opinion?

sure.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

woo-hoo! back on topic!

I've had the Fancy Metro long enough to confidently say my biggest peeves with it are:

1) The "dead pedal" area is too far from the firewall to be comfortable/useful.

2) The door arm rest is too low to be useful as an arm rest. (I also need to put a console arm rest in it.) My recent Florida road trip made a 2010 Kia Rio look like perfect ergonomic design by comparison.

I realize comfort is subjective, since we're all different sizes. For the record: I am an average size human adult male. If the Mirage doesn't fit me, who were they designing it for??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Mirage videos:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Likely something that can be changed in ETACS, but one thing that drives me up the wall is the fact that if I unlock using the button on the drivers' side door, I have to unlock again with the remote to access the back hatch. I can't simply hit the button on the back hatch to unlock when one of the other doors is unlocked. It beeps at me like I just stepped on its' tail!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I've had the Fancy Metro long enough to confidently say my biggest peeves with it are:

1) The "dead pedal" area is too far from the firewall to be comfortable/useful.

2) The door arm rest is too low to be useful as an arm rest. (I also need to put a console arm rest in it.) My recent Florida road trip made a 2010 Kia Rio look like perfect ergonomic design by comparison.

I realize comfort is subjective, since we're all different sizes. For the record: I am an average size human adult male. If the Mirage doesn't fit me, who were they designing it for??
    My arms rest on my thighs when driving my Mirage. I am 6'1". If I hold/grab my steering wheel, neither arm/elbow can reach the door armrest on the left or the factory added armrest on the right. Both armrests are totally useless in my opinion. People complain about the hard plastics on economy cars. I personally don't get it. I could care less.

My arms feel very comfortable resting on my thighs. When I turn the steering wheel, my hands shift slightly upward. I do 4-hour trips trips with my Mirage quite often. I have done longer trips, too. I never feel uncomfortable driving the Mirage. If the armrests were removed, I wouldn't miss them. They exist and are never used by me. I also like resting my left arm on the window opening in the summertime.

I wish the rear window was taller, because my view is somewhat restricted. I can see what I need to see up close, however. Side mirrors fill in the void mostly. Shifting the rear view mirror bracket upward has helped viewing up front, but probably hinders my viewing out back.

Last edited by Mark; 02-04-2020 at 05:00 PM.