Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest pet peeve of the Mirage? (Annoyances)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ 6-way adjustable seat, or 4-way?

I find the 6-way makes a big difference.

I've added thigh support to the cushions of my last couple of econoboxes. But my Mirage (6-way) seems OK.
    I guess four-way? (Front/back sliders, front/back seat back).

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    bambo memory foam pad saved my life with this car
    I'm one step away from finding one.

Honestly, today was the first day that I thought -- holy crap, this seat sucks. Like sucks to the point that I need to do something about it. I'm going to try a pillow I have here, then I might try the bamboo pad thing. I wonder if a Lancer seat would fit?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (02-14-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I love my 2017 Mirage SE. I am very happy my car and will definately buy another when it comes time.

My second pet peeve is the thin sheet metal used in the outer shell of the body. It dents so easily. I would rather have a little more weight and a little less gas mileage for thicker steel panels. Someone had leaned against the rear piller that connects the roof to the rear quarter panel, and actually left a small shallow dent. Then there are the dents from careless people in parking lots, opening their car doors too wide and putting dents in my Mirage panels. Unfortunately, my front right fender now has a sizable dent because of this. I find myself parking my car far away from other vehicles in the parking lot now. Sure it's a long walk from the car, but I dismiss it as needed exercise.
    I think Mitsubishi collect all Cocoa Cola cans to make the Mirage. I sneezed a few weeks ago and dented the bonnet.
    I'm the same, have done for years, walk a little further and avoid the numb nuts who don't care.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I think Mitsubishi collect all Cocoa Cola cans to make the Mirage. I sneezed a few weeks ago and dented the bonnet.
    I'm the same, have done for years, walk a little further and avoid the numb nuts who don't care.
    It's really a shame that some people just don't care if they slam their car doors into another car. I am always so very careful to hold onto my car door so it doesn't swing wide open. Then there are the lazy people that don't take their shopping carts to the coral, or designated storage location, and leave them haphazardly strewn all over the parking lot. Then a strong wind comes along and blows the shopping cart, like a missile, into your car. But I digress, that is a whole separate pet peeve issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I guess four-way? (Front/back sliders, front/back seat back).

I'm one step away from finding one.

Honestly, today was the first day that I thought -- holy crap, this seat sucks. Like sucks to the point that I need to do something about it. I'm going to try a pillow I have here, then I might try the bamboo pad thing. I wonder if a Lancer seat would fit?
    I have a 2017 SE with the 6 way seat. I find my seat to be quite comfortable. Maybe you can find a 6 way seat in the junk yard and try it out prior to purchase. You might like it as much as I do. Plus it might be a direct bolt-on fit.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I have a 2017 SE with the 6 way seat. I find my seat to be quite comfortable. Maybe you can find a 6 way seat in the junk yard and try it out prior to purchase. You might like it as much as I do. Plus it might be a direct bolt-on fit.
    Yeah, mine's an ES. I guess I can keep an eye out.

Dash vent peeve

I drove the car yesterday for the first time in a week and a half and was reminded of this one:

I like to aim the dash vents to blow warm air at the 9&3 positions on the steering wheel to keep my hands warm in the winter. The outboard (round) vent is easy to aim where I need it. But the inboard (center stack) vents can't be aimed at the wheel... almost.. so very close... , but not quite. Dumb!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Another peeve I've found..........Tennis Ball. Tennis Ball? Bear with me.

For nigh on two weeks now the UK has been battered with storms, err, they're named now, the latest is storm Dennis. WTF, why name them? it's a natural phenomenon, we all lived happily for hundreds/thousands of years without knowing a bloody name for a storm.
    So last night I took my grandchildren home, it's only a few miles but I used a road where the speed limit is 60 mph and my Mental Mirage was blown from left to right several times, hence tennis ball effect. Gave me a right bloody headache.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-18-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Another peeve I've found..........Tennis Ball. Tennis Ball? Bear with me.

For nigh on two weeks now the UK has been battered with storms, err, they're named now, the latest is storm Dennis. WTF, why name them? it's a natural phenomenon, we all lived happily for hundreds/thousands of years without knowing a bloody name for a storm.
    So last night I took my grandchildren home, it's only a few miles but I used a road where the speed limit is 60 mph and my Mental Mirage was blown from left to right several times, hence tennis ball effect. Gave me a right bloody headache.
    Does the UK ever experience tornadoes or hurricanes? Or is it just traditional big thunderstorms with high winds?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (02-18-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Does the UK ever experience tornadoes or hurricanes? Or is it just traditional big thunderstorms with high winds?
    We do not have the hurricanes or tornadoes that you have over there, however winds reaching up to 90 mph to take roof's off and knock trees down and regrettably lives are lost. Bridges have been closed, those that span estuaries and wide rivers. Even as I type (12:15) winds are pretty strong, gusting, although a sunny day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-18-2020)

^ Naming the storm makes for better headlines!

I watched a couple of YouTube vids of big jets trying to land around the UK during the last one (Ciara?).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)