Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest pet peeve of the Mirage? (Annoyances)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You may have bought the wrong car for you? Hopefully, you'll own something better long before your CVT goes out on it!
    You got me all wrong amigo. I love the Mirage, it suits my needs 95% of the time I drive it. Its just on road trips, the wheel length from my arms and butt seats could use some work. Im thinking upholstry shop for extra cushion. And no, Im poor lol theres no chance Im getting a different car before my CVT craps out, thanks for that reassurance btw lol. No, Im praying to Yoda I can get at least 175k miles out of my CVT7, fingers crossed.

Last edited by Eggman; 06-15-2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Fixed quote.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Electric power steering makes a huge difference in atv's and side by sides. No more bump steer. I'd never own one without it after putting it in my turdpail rzr.
    With car's usually they'd use a different steering ratio for manual vs power steering. I'm sure most people know that though.

My one complaint about the Mirage is we still don't get an armrest on the second lowest model(es plus). I don't know what level Mirage got them in Canada. The gas door release could be moved up higher so it doesn't pack with snow then freeze for certain people.
    Better seats. The seat back foam is crap. I've never seen a seat that can become destroyed within seconds without even trying hard. Push against the steering wheel a few times and your seat is garbage. They need some type of reinforcement in the back rest, it's a terrible design.
    Fummims does the bottom seat hurt your gluteus maximus?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Most comfortable ride I owned was a 92 Mercury Marquis, it was like driving the loveboat. Great roadtrip car, lousy city car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I am annoyed that I can't get a manual transmission on anything other than the stripper model anymore. When I bought my car new in '15 one of the things that drew me to the car was the fact that I could get the ES (the fancy one at the time) with the manual trans.

In '17, Mitsubishi offered the manual as a rare option on the mid-trim SE model, but that went away in '18. Now, if you want anything other than the base model you are stuck with the rubber band transmission.

I understand Mitsubishi not wanting to build a bunch of Mirage GTs with manual transmissions only to have them sit on dealership lots all year and be sold at a deep discount. A dealership near me had a brand new leftover 2017 G4 with a stick until a month or two ago.

But dammit, I should be able to ORDER one. Yes, I know there are guys who are cheesed off that they can't order a 6.4L Hemi in their Jeep Wrangler, but that would create a very obvious engineering conflict. There is no engineering conflict with a manual Mirage GT.

Take my money, Mitsubishi. And I will wait for you to build my car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Most comfortable ride I owned was a 92 Mercury Marquis, it was like driving the loveboat. Great roadtrip car, lousy city car.
    My mom had a '92 Crown Vic for years. My parents bought it new, and I believe it was a dealer demo car or something. It was like riding down the street while sitting on your couch. She liked that car so much that when she seized the engine she bought a remanufactured engine directly from Ford and had me replace it for her. We tried to find a used motor for it, but apparently the '92 motor was used that year only. Every wrecking yard I called said, "The cab companies snatch those motors up before the cars even hit the yards."

It was surprisingly easy to change. Lots of room under the hood, and very little to disconnect.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I am annoyed that I can't get a manual transmission on anything other than the stripper model anymore. When I bought my car new in '15 one of the things that drew me to the car was the fact that I could get the ES (the fancy one at the time) with the manual trans.

In '17, Mitsubishi offered the manual as a rare option on the mid-trim SE model, but that went away in '18. Now, if you want anything other than the base model you are stuck with the rubber band transmission.

I understand Mitsubishi not wanting to build a bunch of Mirage GTs with manual transmissions only to have them sit on dealership lots all year and be sold at a deep discount. A dealership near me had a brand new leftover 2017 G4 with a stick until a month or two ago.

But dammit, I should be able to ORDER one. Yes, I know there are guys who are cheesed off that they can't order a 6.4L Hemi in their Jeep Wrangler, but that would create a very obvious engineering conflict. There is no engineering conflict with a manual Mirage GT.

Take my money, Mitsubishi. And I will wait for you to build my car.
    Lucky for me, the higher trim levels don't offer anything I'd be willing to pay for.

My mom had a '92 Crown Vic for years. My parents bought it new, and I believe it was a dealer demo car or something. It was like riding down the street while sitting on your couch. She liked that car so much that when she seized the engine she bought a remanufactured engine directly from Ford and had me replace it for her. We tried to find a used motor for it, but apparently the '92 motor was used that year only. Every wrecking yard I called said, "The cab companies snatch those motors up before the cars even hit the yards."

It was surprisingly easy to change. Lots of room under the hood, and very little to disconnect.
    One of my high-school friends had a hand-me-down '89 LTD with blown shocks. Quite the boat, loafing down the road over steady swells none of the other cars seemed affected by.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-17-2019)

We tried to find a used motor for it, but apparently the '92 motor was used that year only. Every wrecking yard I called said, "The cab companies snatch those motors up before the cars even hit the yards."
    Gotta love those first year models with oddball parts. I had an 85 grand marquis and a 05 crown vic for a short time. Awesome highway cars. But the 05 was an old cop car with no cruise or center console and a vinyl back seat.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is more of a general peeve:

Shiny interior trim. There always ends up being that really sunny day where you have to shield yourself from your own car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good point. I was driving my car with the sun directly behind me last weekend, and the logo on the steering wheel kept flashing right in my eyes.

I also dislike the glossy black plastic around the radio. Glossy plastic is super easy to scratch. Just dust will give it a fine haze of scratches that make it look like crap in bright light. I remember reading one review praising the glossy plastic as a nice classy modern touch. I was baffled. To my eyes, it's the cheesiest, cheapest-looking part of the interior.

But hey, at least it's not a Prius. Toyota puts that crap everywhere:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    This is more of a general peeve:

Shiny interior trim. There always ends up being that really sunny day where you have to shield yourself from your own car.
    Totally get what you are saying!

Just a thought - Custom Dash Covers

A person shouldn't have to add these, but it could be a possible solution.

https://www.dashdesigns.com/p-37086-...vers-main.html

"Your car, truck, SUV or van is definitely one of your most valuable investments. Our Dash DesignsŪ dashboard covers protect your vehicle's dashboard to keep it looking and feeling like new. Dash DesignsŪ custom fit dash cover will protect your dash from the sun's harmful UV rays that can cause discoloration and cracking, while also reducing reflected heat and annoying glare. Our full line of quality Dash DesignsŪ auto accessories continue to offer the ultimate in protection, comfort and value for you and your vehicle."

Now that I have had my Dash Design custom seat covers for a bit, I am very pleased with them. Not sure I would ever try the dash cover, but they do exist at least.

I bought my seat covers through Rock Auto. Cheaper than factory direct. Rock Auto offers the dash covers, too.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ard+cover,1284