Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest pet peeve of the Mirage? (Annoyances)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ^ That would explain the dead pedal, but not the arm rest!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I noticed the same things.
    The dead pedal is just a chunk of styrofoam though. Could remove it easy enough, I wonder if the rhd cars have the same lh dead pedal on the passenger side?

I do miss me a decent armrest. I don't drive with hands at whatever this weeks safest position happens to be. But do end up with my arms on my knees which feels kinda awkward.

I too had to move the rear view mirror as close to the top as it'll go so now I don't have to duck down to see as often.
    It'd be nice if the top of the windshield was tinted, as long as it's not too far down. I couldn't stand driving our Armada, the seat was so high even when lowered all the way that I drove staring through the tinted part or hunched over.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have the opposite problem. My rear view mirror is cranked ALL the way down, and then back up. My eye level is so high in, well, most vehicles, that if I have the rear view mirror also up for visibility, I'm only looking at the fabric above the rear glass. If I have the thing as low as it will go, I can see over and under the rear view, and a person has to be fairly far away to be lost in that tiny dead zone.

And yes, I am fully aware of how a fixed placement adjustable mirror works, but I DO gain more rearward visibility when it's tilted down, even though I'm aware it should display the same field of vision whether you are looking up and back, on and back, or in my case, down and back.

I actually relocated the mirror on my Mazda B2300 to the bottom of the windshield, that was a very large bulky mirror on a truck with a very short and stout windshield. It was completely unsafe to have it directly in my line of vision, and it was directly in my line of vision no matter what I did with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    5th gear is not tall enough for American highways.

Steering at highway speeds is not the best.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (02-07-2020),precisionxt (02-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    5th gear is not tall enough for American highways.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  7.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes. Make rear window bigger! View is bad especially with headrests in. With a passenger there is no rear view as their head blocks the back window completely. Honda Fit window is bigger and even then the dealers take headrest off to make the view seem bigger. Also I like the front side windows on the Honda Fit. Really removed the blind spots there. Plus side mirrors don't give much view compared to my old ones.

Some more pet peeves. The wipers that think they are smarter than you and change speed. The windows seem to fog EASY and have to put AC on all the time. Getting a real middle armrest requires dangerously blocking the ebrake in a way that makes using it hard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Yes. Make rear window bigger! View is bad especially with headrests in. .
    I took the rear headrests right out. I assume most Mirage owners do the same. You can hardly see out of the rear window with the enormous headrests in place. The rear window is tiny on the Mirage to begin with.

I carry the headrests in the trunk, in case I suddenly have a bunch of passengers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Getting a real middle armrest requires dangerously blocking the ebrake in a way that makes using it hard.
    That may be the argument for the factory armrest being so small. It surely doesn't get in the way of shifting a manual Mirage. I prefer the open space in a small car. The only value I see in the factory center rest is the ability to push off of it whenever you want to shift your butt in the seat. It's good for that, & it surely doesn't get in the way of driving. Beyond that, I don't really see any value in it.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Oh, here we go.

1 Mickey Mouse sun visors. Spiders eat them.
    2 For a car that has such a high standard fitted kit, why no glove compartment light.
    3 Also mentioned above, Interior lighting is abysmal, I'd suggest two further lights in the rear, one near side & one offside.
    4 Handling. Yeah, what handling? A kiddies soap box cart handles better.
    5 How the hell can you turn DRL's off. Had it on my Fabia's, okay found the answer. Pull the bulbs.
    6 Soundproofing, does it have any? Radio at full pelt is not good.
    7 Wandering all over a motorway. Two seconds of lack of attention then you're facing the way you just come from.
    8 Better seating, lumbar support would help.
    9 The lever to open the fuel filler by the seat???? Why there? a throwback to Japanese cars from the 70's
    Come on Chad, you gotta reach 10.

10 Yes I found the tenth....Told my Life Insurance company I drive a Mirage, they went bananas and cancelled my life insurance.
    What do they know that I don't?? The mind boggles.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-05-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Oh, here we go.

1 Mickey Mouse sun visors. Spiders eat them.
    2 For a car that has such a high standard fitted kit, why no glove compartment light.
    3 Also mentioned above, Interior lighting is abysmal, I'd suggest two further lights in the rear, one near side & one offside.
    4 Handling. Yeah, what handling? A kiddies soap box cart handles better.
    5 How the hell can you turn DRL's off. Had it on my Fabia's, okay found the answer. Pull the bulbs.
    6 Soundproofing, does it have any? Radio at full pelt is not good.
    7 Wandering all over a motorway. Two seconds of lack of attention then you're facing the way you just come from.
    8 Better seating, lumbar support would help.
    9 The lever to open the fuel filler by the seat???? Why there? a throwback to Japanese cars from the 70's
    Come on Chad, you gotta reach 10.

10 Yes I found the tenth....Told my Life Insurance company I drive a Mirage, they went bananas and cancelled my life insurance.
    What do they know that I don't?? The mind boggles.
    Well I found another which in this day & age is inexcusable and penny pinching, I would gladly have spent a few £'s more to have
    Heated door mirrors
    How on earth can these be omitted?